Spider accessories and advice - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 03-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Renfrewshire
Spider accessories and advice

I know I've only had the car a week or so but I could do with some advice.

I need a wind deflector. Who has the perspex ones and who favours the mesh ones? How much are these from Alfa? Do all the OEM's need some drilling to fit?

I'm also looking for a mat set. Again how much for the Alfa ones? are the OEM ones any better/worse? I've got the red leather with red carpet in my spider, so I was thinking black mats with red piping, any opinion? Id probably like Alfa badges on them as well (poser moi ?!? never)

I may have to uprate my suspension. All of my toy cars in the past have been lowered and stiffened and as much as buying the Alfa was a "sensible" car for me, it floats just a wee bit too much. I either drop and stiffen it or I learn to drive a wee bit slower on the twistys.
Are there any suspension kits that will not break the bank yet give me a more planted feel (it's a 2001 V6)

All assistance gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Greater London
Re: Spider accessories and advice

good choice on car...

i can only speak about the wind deflector, alfa charge a lot cos i enquired. the smart one which is two silver hoops and a deflector in between is around £500 including fitting, the other one which is like a plastic cover that stands up is around £300 including fitting
AO Silver Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

AR don't do the mats anymore, you'll have to look for a 2nd hand set, an after-market set or see if anyone sticks a new set on eBay.
AO Gold Member

The black mesh one is very good, cuts out a lot of wind buffeting, you can listen to music all day with the hood down and going along at a nice pace on the fast bits. Also, the black mesh one cuts out a lot of glare from car headlights at night time, yet you can still see very clearly through it. How it does this I really don't know. Not very expensive, about £185 I think from the dealers, perhaps cheaper on ebay.

Lovely car the V6 Spider, by the way, best engine of the lot, way above the rubbish Alfa are putting in their cars today.
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey

With regards to the mats, I phoned around a couple of dealers and got a set. They found them behind a cupboard.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

accessories , advice , spider