Liquid gold - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 15-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Liquid gold

With the ever increasing ridiculous fuel prices we currently have to endure, by which of course the government, on their percentage cut only stand to benefit as the price sky-rockets and are therefore unlikely to do anything drastic to resolve the problem, has anyone considered an LPG conversion on their GTV?

A very quick preliminary look has shown you can expect to pay around 2k for the conversion, which will allow duel fuel and the fuel cell can accommodate the spare wheel space...

I don't really do enough mileage to justify this on my own car (can't afford to!) but was curious if anyone else had considered it or looked into it further?

I know smoking is cool in Italy - but come on, don't blow the R&D budget on the ashtray
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
Re: Liquid gold

I looked into it for my 156 back in 2002.
With the mileage I was doing back then, it would have paid for itself in a year.
The only issue is where to put the LPG tank.
Most go into the spare wheel well, but I really didn't want to loose the spare. Other than that space, there was no where else for it to go, so I didn't go any further.

Big 4x4 & pickups have loads of space underneath so can easily fit very big LPG tanks.

Member car:

alfa gtv 2.0

yeah ! i'm with u on the lpg conversion... does anyone have a GTV on lpg on this site? can they tell us what's the fuel consumtion? how expensive is the whole kit? and the most important thing ... has the power gone down ?
AO Member

I don't see how you could do an LPG conversion on a spider.

An lpg tank would not fit in the boot at all. It wouldn't just reduce your boot space, it just wouldn't fit.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gold , liquid