valet - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 25-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa gtv 2.0 ts

so, heading to the scottish italian car owners bash today in st andrews.

decided to take the gtv for a 40 quid valet. 3 hours later, picked it up. polished interior trims look great, but had to re-clean all the windows, which were manky (and now ultra-streaky) on the inside.

then noticed that one of the door card speaker covers was missing (the wee tweeter jobs), and the speaker has been pushed into the door!

also, there are new scrathes on the roof, where they have obviously dragged a can of polish or something over it.

on top of this, there is a "pock mark" on the boot, which looks like a drop of some acidic crap has been splashed on it.

bad, bad, bad!...had the car 4 months and have spent 900 quid on initial full service, 500 on a new leather interior, 90 quid on a new aerial (i dont even listen to the radio!), and 60 on a new stereo.....and then some fooker, through sheer stupidity, causes all this, which will HAVE to be seen to now. AND WHEN DOING A VALET!

(rant over)

if anyone has a tweeter cover for sale...please pm me
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: herts
Re: valet

Bad news there indeedy.: Shiny tyres Sir? Oil, black engine oil!! Cheaper than a can of Tire Shine from the pound shop!!! Swindling, cheating folks out there to stitch you up, everywhere you turn! DIY,DIY,DIY.:
AO Member
County: Cardiff

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

You paid £90 for an aerial? You got stitched up a bit before the valet as well methinks! If you want a tweeter cover I may just have one in the car......... will check for you when I go out later. Just a suggestion...... if you want that new radio to sound even better, ditch the stock speakers as they are absolutely dire!
AO Silver Member
County: Cornwall

were these guys a company or working from a porta kabin with thick eastern European accents?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider