upgrading a phase 2 music system. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 20-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 3.0L

upgrading a phase 2 music system.

Hi Guys, i am due to drive to the south of France in my GTV with my partner at the end of June and i wish to install a DVD player. As in our previous car i have no doubt that once you cross the channel and head south you lose all English channels on the radio and we get bored listening to cd's. I do not know if there is anything to fit due to the odd shape of the standard Alfa unit, but i was hoping to fit a 3.5 inch screen dvd/cd/radio player in its place similar to the ripspeed unit in silver, if one of the flip 7 inch screens fit all the better but due to the knobs of the air con. i feel that the larger screen would be facing slightly down and not allow proper viewing. i am wondering if any of you have fitted a dvd player without chopping the console too much.
Thanks for your help.:
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cardiff

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

Re: upgrading a phase 2 music system.

The radio is a standard size and can be replaced with any standard sized radio. As you say using a flip screen DVD player would be difficult. But you could have another option. Install anyone of the many standard sized DVD player and then wire up a screen that can be mounted on the dash. It should be pretty easy to do altho the radio would obviously need an output for an external screen.
AO Member
Re: upgrading a phase 2 music system.

hi there, I have just fitted a JVC KD-AVX33 which fits perfectly. No problem with the surround and the sound knocks spots off the original Clarion made stereo. Although the unit is black it blends in well to the silver. The DVD quality is excellent and you can wire it so you do not need to be at a standstill to view.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

music , phase , system , upgrading