Exhaust blowing - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 19-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Bristol

Member car:

GTV 3.0 Lusso

Exhaust blowing

The exhaust on my GTV 3.0 has just began to blow. I am not sure yet where the noise is coming from, or, how many exhaust sections there are.
I will need a new piece, or more than that.
Why should I not buy a replacement Alfa part? Is it cost or is there a more obvious reason?
I don't really feel I need more performance and prior to this I have been happy with the sound of the car, sounds great.
Could someone advise me with their experience and some probable suppliers.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

Re: Exhaust blowing

Two front pipes from Alfa are over £600 I think (they don't look worth anywhere near that figure), from Alfaholics the pair are £285; they're well made and ss too. I have a standard mid section and am awaiting a new Ragazzon back box (no silencers) purely to hear the V6 better. Also, the original back box has a surprisingly bad design and I'd lay money a straight through rear section will genuinely improve acceleration (when you see the OE back box section you kind of feel robbed of power). I'm not after extra performance, just quality sound from a world-famous V6 engine

Ex '99 6-speed 3.0 V6 GTV, now Z4MC
AO Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

GTV 3.0 "Gina"

Re: Exhaust blowing

The obvious reason to buy a stainless aftermarket exhaust is it wont rust, so you only buy it once - in theory. The real reason to buy one is it looks the nuts and sounds even better.

My Novitec 2x2x76 DTM Cup 2 system is shipping as we speak from Alfisti in Germany. Looking forward to fitting that next weekend.

Just fitted the Novitec twin DTM to my lads 156 2.5v6. The sound is quite deep, with a raspy edge at full chat. Pleased to hear it doesnt boom on the Motoway, not intrusive at all, which is surprising because the middle silencer is replaced.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

blowing , exhaust