BMC CDA for a GTV 2.0 V6 TB ?? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: -
Originally Posted by GTV-TB View Post
Hi, the metal plate in the adapter is a bit of a mystery, looks like some sort of homemade construction but it should be there, I have searched in the workshop manuals and the like
but have not found anything about it so I do not know how it interacts with the AFM, flap
or temp sensor or both, but I know after some testing that if the metal plate is not in
place the engine management sees a to high pressure in the intake manifold, around 0.5bar,
with impact on the fuel consumption and what is worse on WOT you are likely to trigger
the overpressure protection, 1,2bar + 0,5bar = 1,7bar (overpressure protection triggers
at around 1,6bar)and the engine management goes into a limp home mode until you have
restarted the engine, with no power and no way to use the trottle in a decent way without
trigger overpressure protection again whether you have boost pressure or not.
.....just a short note- i know you try to post a pm to me & my mailbox was full (wow skimpy box!).

in any event i have rec'd confirmation from italian alfa forum that there was a special edition TB created in partnership between fiat & wealthy japanese alfista (was imported & supported by alfa japan).
less than 100 editions, all plated & badged as "alfacorse" are basic changes from stock TB (alfacorse spec)

front suspension
spring rate 17n/mm → 23n/mm, 35mm height down
rear suspension
spring rate 30n/mm 26 → ~ 53n/mm, 10mm height down, lowered on Bilsteins

-intakes under bumper larger
-larger intercooler
-intercooler pipejoints switched to aluminum from rubber
-engine remapped (more turbo boost, fuel, air) resulting in published specifications:
.bhp 235 @ 6360 rpm versus stock 201 @ 6000 and torque increased 27.6kgm/2750 → 31.0kgm / 3,000 rpm.
-dual (alfacorse) exhaust

-special alfacorse spoiler
-carbon fibre interior parts
-alfacorse bumper for dual exhaust's post of 1 on japan youtube
YouTube - ‪Alfa Romeo AlfaGTV corse '1999'‬‏

3 on the market here.....about 20% premium over TB price.
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

bmc , cda , gtv