First Impressions 10 days with my Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 17-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Spider 2.0 TS

First Impressions 10 days with my Spider

Recently got my first Spider and I thought I would post my experiences from the first few days of ownership.

Its the 2.0 TS so its not overly powerful but it does seem to be almost v6 smooth ( apart from at idle ), very impressed with the engine apart from the airflow meter which is blown, dealer aranged a replacement but sent the wrong part number, awaiting the correct one.

love the interior, get annoyed by the radio not switching off with the ignition, but will fix this at the weekend. Drivers seat needs to come out as the seat back seems to be a bit out of line. Leather seats are not that supportive, but are firm so I find them comfortable.

Looks great with the top down, but its a bit of a moose with the roof up. I know a lot of people may disagree with that. Badges on front and back are faded, replacements on the way.

Surprised how good it is, was expecting FWD style understeer but have not had that yet. Bodyshell is more wobbly than my old MX-5.

The car does seem very sensitive to tyre pressures, I could notice a difference of 2 psi in the front right.

Still concerned about reliability but I guess this will pass; I have not had an italian car since Lancia pulled out of the uk in 93 and I sold my Dedra in disgust. Wish i had not waited so long. I chose the Spider over the barchetta for the boot space as we are touring europe in it this summer, seems like I made the right choice, as I can get a surprising amount in it. I also like how when the hood is up it feels as snug as a coupe. At the moment I am not really tempted to modify it, but going by my past history with cars I would suspect a suspension kit will come along in about six months.

At the cutting edge of cocking about.
Sponsored Links
jay w
Re: First Impressions 10 days with my Spider

once the airflow meter is sorted you will notice a difference

I have driven a lot of the 80/90's 2.0 16V engines and this just loves to be revved and pulls pretty much to the redline, others that i have driven go falt on the last 1000 rpm

Nice write up, am looking at a spider as a possible replacement for the GTV when the time comes

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

days , impressions , spider