cd changer and washers?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 14-04-08 Thread Starter
County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

2.0 gtv t spark

Crazed cd changer and washers??

Hi folks
Joined but first chance to post but can someone help? I have a R reg GTV Twinspark lusso and cant get my windscreen washers to work - can hear pump but no water comes out. Tried to take tube off blade but its solid and didnt want to force it any ideas?

Also there was no cd changer in it - but havent got a clue where to look for wiring to connect the one ive bought ?

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

Re: cd changer and washers??

Hello and welcome!

Assuming you've checked there's some water in the washer bottle, try clearing the holes in the tubes that are attached to the blades by poking a pin down them. If you do have to remove them, they come off by gently prising back the ends of the 2 or 3 clips which hold them on. The clips do break quite easily, but can be replaced with zip ties, or new blades with clips are only about a tenner each.

The CD changer normally lives on a shelf inside the boot, to the left of the spare wheel, so that's where the connector will most likely be if there is one. On mine it's a single round 13-pin jobby that provides power and signal.
AO Member
County: -
Re: cd changer and washers??

Washers! Mine were the same and I bet I know what the cause is... Try removing the plastic engine bay trim above the washer reservoir (RH side as you look in from the front.

Have a look at the washer reservoir and you will see where the pump sits on it with the tube going out to the wipers. Pull out (literally!) and clean the filter on the bottom. Job done!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

changer , washers