Alfaholics sport exhaust - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 06-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

2002 GTV T.Spark

Well Happy Alfaholics sport exhaust

Last month i ordered the Alfaholics back box for my 2.0 TS GTV (already had the middle bit).On ordering i enquired into the stainless front pipe and sport cat to go with this cat back system.I was told that these parts were not avaliable as they did not know anyone with a Euro3 engined GTV to use as a development car.Some of you may already know (previous threads) i offered my car for this development.Well last week i took the car to Devon, and left it with them for a week for the work to be done.Yesterday (Friday) i had a call to say to work had been done and the car was ready to be collected .Andrew from Alfaholics explained that a silencer was fitted after the cat in order to keep the system from being to loud,and to see what i thought.If i found the system to be not as i liked they would make a new part without this silencer, to see if it would be more to my likeing.My first thoughts was that the cat back system was very well made only a little too like the origional and needed to be a little louder,though not intrusive and that the silencer would have to be removed.Well today i went to pick the car up. Richard (Dad Alfaholic)was there to meet me and said that the 2.0 engine was a difficult engine to keep quiet and all sorts of trickery inside the boxes and different gauges of stainless was used to keep the system from being overly noisy.I was asked then to start the engine to see what i thought.The engine was cold when i started it, and once started it cracked and popp'ed into life.I almost expected flames to shoot out the back It sounded amazing.I knew it was a good idear to fit that silencer I honestly thought that it was going to be too loud on a motorway, as every touch of the throttle created a deep roar and a real rasp as the rev's increased.Well i dont know how they did it,on the motorway (approx 130 miles) it was perfect.Loud and crisp when putting your foot down yet unintrusive at normal driving speeds Once home i had a look to see what had been done, only you cant see much under the GTV without a ramp.So i used my phone to take some pic's, and it is clear that they have removed the two pre-cats leaving just one main cat I will do a Video in the next couple of days and post so you can all hear I must say that Richard,Andrew and Max have done a fantastic job and really know there stuff when it comes to Alfa's.Top marks and thankyou for looking after me and my car so well

Anonima Lambarda Fabbrica automobili

Last edited by Alfie GTV; 15-03-09 at 15:50.
Sponsored Links
Re: Alfaholics sport exhaust

Hi chap

yeah there does look good. mine sounds great in car,not to boy racey.just a nice raw inside the car.wish i'd phoned them now

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alfaholics , exhaust , sport