fixed first few niggles.....i love my car - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 20-03-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa gtv

fixed first few niggles.....i love my car

well had the car 2 weeks now an still very happy with my choice. just fixed a few mirror niggles so its even closer to perfect than it was before.

fixed offside washer jet which didnt work
new boot badge
new number plates and base on the front properly fixed this time so it wont fall off like it did after previous owner had done it
b post seal and channel because i didnt have 1

got all my bits from ebspares and i must say the service was excellent. very nice on the phone and efficiant too. only gripe would be that the replacement boot badge is no where near as good a quality as the original which is a cast metel objected with nice enamel design and a spring return (although this didnt work) The replacement is just naff plastic an the gold is more like silver. It came in orginal alfa packaging though so this must be a sign of the times alfa cutting costs type thing an cant really blame eb.

jobs left to do are

detail the whole car with the stupid amount of gear i bought and wondered if i had gone mad. previously a bit of autoglym polish was all i had splashed out on but now ive spent about 150 quid for this car to look good now all i have to do is put the effort in. even got some zymol titanium polish!!

replace thermo as i think ive got the cold running thing, part on its way.

audio install but this will be done over time, first set of componets amp an dvd h/u will be going in this w/e i think then sub an other componets later.

clifford concept 650 next weekend hopefully.

i will be doing the variator soon to but wanna get some fast road cams an remap at same time so will hang fire till i can afford it all. after all that is done i will be much happier still and wont desperatedly need to do any work on the car but i expect there will be few mods still to come. wanna get stuck into the suspension an brakes, thinking coil overs all round at mo then who knows what else lol cars are money pits for me im affraid i just cant help myself haha

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

car , fixed , love , nigglesi