Spider - Door Trim and Wipers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-03-08 Thread Starter
Spider - Door Trim and Wipers

Hi ya,

Just bought a '97 Spider TS. Looked at quite a few before I bought as I wanted as good as I could get for not too much money, (this is only a toy, not my everyday car). Got a reasonable one for £2.2K

Virtually everyone I looked at had the trim that is on the inside of the door post hanging off, this includes the one I bought. Clearly this is not a great design and they must break off frequently so the question is...........are they easy to get hold of or do I have to go to an Alfa Dealer and pay an arm and an leg?

Secondly, and more amusing, the wipers have a mind of their own!! Sometimes they clear the whole screen, sometimes 7/8ths, sometimes stopping short of the right hand edge, sometimes stopping short of the bottom stop.............is this a common problem with a common cure, or am I unique, or is it a "character" that I should learn to love and live with (tempted by the last one).

Cheers and best regards

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Bucks

Member car:

Re: Spider - Door Trim and Wipers

Hi, Congrats on the Spider

Do you mean the seatbelt clip has been slammed in the door? That's quite common, although I've not done it myself. You should be able to pick up the parts from one of the breakers on here without too much bother.

The wipers have a sort of hide feature, where when they're on they sit quite high on the downstroke (ie still on the screen) only when they're turned off at the stalk will they sweep once more then rest beneath the bonnet line. If it's different to that, I'd be tempted to say relay, but it could be a number f things, stalk, mechanisim, even worn blades...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

door , spider , trim , wipers