Puddle at rear of drivers seat- 2001 Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 11-03-08 Thread Starter
Puddle at rear of drivers seat- 2001 Spider

Hi all

Had some very heavy rain in the UK over the last days or so... as I am sure some of you have experienced. For the first time my Spider leaked. Strange one however - just a puddle at the rear of the drivers seat and no sign of any water /dampness elsewhere. Is it possible that it came UP.. rather than down? i.e. Not a leak in the roof but water coming in from the floor pan area when going through puddles?

thoughts appreciated!

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

916 Spider

Re: Puddle at rear of drivers seat- 2001 Spider

These can be a pain to source, last summer in Ireland was terrible, pouring rain regularly. All through, my Spider didn't leak a drop.

Last November, there was a damp smell and wet patch in the driver footwell, but no obvious leak. It was like this for about 2 weeks, and then, in true Alfa fashion, it seems to have fixed itself, and has not been damp there since....

I have a theory about water leaking in from the wiper washer being blocked, but no evidence as the blockage appears to have fixed itself too......

I have heard that even fairly minor slopes can cause leaks if it rains when you are parked, depending on if you are parked facing up or down the slope?

'76 Spider -> '93 164 -> '99 146 Junior -> '97 GTV -> '99 Spider....

Member car:

Spider 2.0TS '96

Re: Puddle at rear of drivers seat- 2001 Spider

I've had the same problem with my '96 Spider for a couple of years now and I eventually tracked it down to the roof seal against the bodywork behind the driver. The seal isn't working very well but isn't hard or perished so I now push a shammy leather up against the seal from the inside which soaks up any water. I just have to wring out the shammy every now and again or after any heavy rain.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

2001 , drivers , puddle , rear , seat , spider