Just an update for those interested,
On last update I was taking it into the specialist to diagnose, unfortunately they could not reproduce the issue and found nothing so once again I was stressing out every time I got in the car and it started to rain.
Anyways, long of the short in the last week it has been raining non stop which meant two lots of tow jobs (required during peak hour...ouch!!!)
Just when I started looking abroad at something more reliable (say a Jap car like a Mazda RX-8 or the like) I decided I am not going to give up on my Italian Lady without trying, so spent all of today trying to pull the dash out (way tooo hard), getting the hose out on her and trying to find where the water is getting in and which electronics it is touching.
So after folding back the carpet, getting the torch out and employing my old man to hold the hose I managed to find a substantial amount of water flying in on passenger side just behind the glove box (australian passenger side, i.e. front left facing the car from the back).
The water was dripping straight onto two wiring looms that appear to be pretty major as well as touching very close to what would appear to be the computer.
Anyways I then removed the covers under the front winshield and saw that around the air intake for the heater that there did not appear to be any traces of water anywhere near the top of the intake. There was however what looked like a guilty trace of water flying down from pollen filter down only into the fan.... With limited vision I then removed the glove box and could clearly see that the water was coming down from quite high inside the car and then getting into pollen filter from the inside of the car not from the plastic covers that sit on the exterior under the windscreen.
So the only area left that I can think of the water is entering the cabin that high is through the sealant that sits at the bottom of the front windscreen. I am the second owner of this car and as far as I am aware it has not been in any accidents so I am not too sure whether my deduced explanation is feasible, I hope it is.
Everything is closed today as it is Sunday, but tomorrow I will get some of the windscreen sealant stuff and do a thorough seal across the bottom of the front windscreen and HOPEFULLY put an end to these issues that have been bugging me for some time now.
So in summary plan is:
Put large amounts sealant across entire bottom of windscreen and sit in the car once again whilst my old man gets the hose out.
Wish me luck guys