Success cured rear end knocking ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By leeoh

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 18-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

alfa spider

Success cured rear end knocking !

OK, after put up with random rear end knocking noises from my 2.0TS Spider and building up the confidence to tackle the suspension - thanks to the great info posted here on this forum, I went ahead and started last week.

I replaced the two original shocks with KYB 553205. Old ones looked ok with no leaks.
Replaced all the swing arm/dog leg bushes on both sides, total of six bushes. I purchased the bushes (red ones) from Strongflex which are made in Poland. A lot,lot cheaper than Powerflex, quick delivery and very good quality. http://www.strongflex.eu/en/

Special mention here to the guys at SGT Taplow who were very happy to press out the old bushes for me and press in the new ones for beer money a side.

Put all back together with no issues, went for a road test and silence ! no knocking, smooth ride less jittery than before. All in all very pleased. All the bushes cost me 52 delivered and the shocks 82 pounds delivered.

Unfortunately don't seem able to upload photos from my iphone
Rewe likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
cured , end , knocking , rear , success