OBD2 Port P2 GTV 3.0 ?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 15-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire
OBD2 Port P2 GTV 3.0 ??

Please could somebody guide me to the OBD2 port on my P2 GTV 3.0? I can't see it near the fuse board, I removed the left hand side centre console panel, its not there, can't see it in the engine bay..........?

I bought a bluetooth OBD2 adapter and intend running Torque on my phone to trun off the airbag light, but I can't find the port!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
Its located to the top right hand side of the fuseboard. its fitted with a black clip off cover . get down on your knees to have a proper look
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 15-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

I have found it! On mine it is grey plug with a cover. When I removed the panel under the driver's side dash, it is at the top right on the RHD car. I managed to find a reference to it on an Austrialian Alfa website.

I have an XTRONS bluetooth OBD2 adapter. It connects up OK on bluetooth but it tells me it cannot get an ECU signal.

Any suggestions?
AO Silver Member

County: Bristol
I don't think GTV is properly obd2 compliant. Only reliable way is with a laptop and MES software
AO Silver Member

County: -
Torque will only work with an OBD2/EOBD compliant car, so for petrol engines like yours, cars built after some date in 2000. Also note that Torque only connects to the engine ECU, so unfortunately will not help with your airbag light.
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 16-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdanny View Post
I don't think GTV is properly obd2 compliant. Only reliable way is with a laptop and MES software
OK. I have now read various threads on the internet about ELM incompatibility with CAN etc, it means little to me, but seems to support what you are saying. Then there is EOBD but that's for newer cars, apparently before then OBDII was still quite car specific.

Where is the best place to buy what I need to turn the airbag light off please?
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Garage

Member car:

GTV V6

After needing one for the airbag light I used this chap off eBay. Received good support and others on here had advised to use him also. All worked first time with alfadiag and all relatively simple to use I'm happy to report.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MultiECUSc...item3d2767b412

A few friends had the Bluetooth modules which also worked on my Ph2 GTV, though one via a couple of phone apps didn't however.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 22-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenich View Post
After needing one for the airbag light I used this chap off eBay. Received good support and others on here had advised to use him also. All worked first time with alfadiag and all relatively simple to use I'm happy to report.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MultiECUSc...item3d2767b412

A few friends had the Bluetooth modules which also worked on my Ph2 GTV, though one via a couple of phone apps didn't however.
Thanks for your help. Will alfadiag work on an engine which does not run, ie just the ignition on? My other GTV, P2 TS, I have been recommissioning will not start, I was hoping alfadiag would pick up the fault. At the moment I suspect the crank sensor, but it could be something else..... (fuel spray and spark at all cylinders but it won't run, it started a few times, ran to 1500rpm then died.)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
gtv , obd2 , port