Airbag error code can't be cleared but all seems ok - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 10-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Madrid
Airbag error code can't be cleared but all seems ok

Hello,
I am the proud owner of a phase 2 GTV 916.
It has the airbag warning light on, so I connected to the Airbag ECU (TRW 60664500) via Multiecuscan using a KKL cable with adapter for pin 3. Originally there were three errors, two related to power supply cut and another is an 0C, open circuit in passenger pretensioner. I cleared the errors but the pretensioner one remains.
Ok, so I removed the passenger (right side, I am in Spain, driver is at the left) seat, disconnected the pretensioner cable and checked. The pretensioner is ok (about 2.2 ohm measured when releasing the shortcircuit clip included in the connector).
So I connected a 2.2 ohm resistor in the cable to the ECU and the error remains and can't be cleared, even after disconnecting the battery for a while.
Then, I removed back seat to gain access to the ECU, located the wires going to the passenger seat and checked the wires from there to the seat. They are ok.

So the only thing that I can think of is a bad ECU or connector to it (although it doesn't seem to have been manipulated). Today I will disconnect the driver's seat pretensioner to check whether at least it shows a new error up and it can'b be cleared afterwards.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Aalborg
It is normally a poor connection in the yellow connector under the seat.
When you connected the 2.2ohm to the connector it was to the yellow connector on the wires running under the carpet?

It could also be broken wires from the connector under the seat to the ECU
The wires can be squeezzed under the carpet and disconnect when the seat is mounted. That happened in my spider when I had an open circuit in the pretentioner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Airbag_Wiring_Ph2.jpg (70.9 KB, 9 views)
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 11-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Madrid
Thanks for the info.
Finally, I substituted the connector under the seat by two wire clamps, mounted everything having lost my hope, and tried again: the code cleared! So now everything's ok. I really don't know why the 2.2 substitution didn't work for a test (I connected it in the wires under the seat that go to the ECU)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
airbag , cleared , code , error