Induction Pipe (?) for 916 3.0L 24v - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By solaris998
  • 1 Post By Godders
  • 1 Post By Giorget2
  • 1 Post By Grahameo

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 08-10-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kent
Induction Pipe (?) for 916 3.0L 24v

Hi Guys, Hope that someone can help. My 3.0L V6 2001 Spider has started "kangerooing" down the road for the first few minutes when you just start it up. My mechanic tells me that I have a split in the air inlet pipe connector/induction pipe/whatever you happen to call it. Has anyone got one that they don't need any longer or can tell me where I can get one, preferably without having to go to a main dealer. Hope that someone can help. Here is a photo of the part that I need. (It's the black bit!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0473.jpg (54.6 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: UK
Garage
Autolusso Induction

Hi

You could replace it with an Autolusso Silicone Induction hose available in Red Blue & Black, I've got one on my 916 T Spark.

Alfa Romeo Induction Pipe GTV / Spider 916 3.0 V6 24v CF2/CF3 - Silicone - Autolusso New Alfa Romeo Parts

they look nice on the car too (ok mine is a t spark & the water hoses are Also Autolusso)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maf-throttle.jpg (67.3 KB, 15 views)
ron.dullage likes this.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: West Sussex
No longer available from main dealers but Alfashop have some new 'copies' of the std pipe....or they did.

Clive
AO Member

County: -
Ron,

a (very) cheap alternative, is to cover the damaged area with duct tape (electric tape). Make sure to do multiple layers.

In my ex-twinnie i cover the whole "spring" area of that part and lasted at least 2 years.

On the busso, i suppose it won't last that much, due to higher engine-bay temps.

Ofc, this is a temp solution only.

In my GTV sprortiva i have done the same, since i am rebuilding her all over (interior, exterior, mechanicals) and just wanted to avoid extra costs for now.

Definitely in the end, i' ll also get Autolussos' product, since it seem a good & dedicated (for our little bussos) product in fair price.
AO Member

County: Devon
AO Member

County: Vestjylland
Garage
Or here
Alfa Romeo Spider Inlet flexi hose

Probably the same part

AO Member

Member car:

GTV

I repaired the split air intake on my Twinnie with this stuff. Neat job and still going strong. There is a thread on here somewhere that I posted with pictures but cannot remember what I called it now.... Doh !

Large Heat Shrink | 127mm 5" Heatshrink Sleeving
Jacobsen likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

GTV

Here's the link to the other thread I mentioned above .... Air Intake Cheap repair..... does what it says on the tin.... LOL
AO Member

Member car:

GTV

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desame View Post
Ron,

a (very) cheap alternative, is to cover the damaged area with duct tape (electric tape). Make sure to do multiple layers.
It is a good idea to do this regardless of whether you plan on properly repairing it or not. I'd recommend good heatshrink wrap rather than tape, though, but carefully applied tape should work too.

By wrapping and thereby sealing the pipe, you can diagnose whether that's actually the problem or not. If you seal the pipe and the symptoms stop, you know that it is definitely the problem and you can go spend your hard-earned cash on a nice new pipe. Otherwise you might spend your money only to find that the problem actually lies elsewhere.
Desame likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0 Lusso

Make your own!
I did a full tutorial with pics a couple of years ago on this forum. Do a search...
It was for a 2.5V6 24v 156 but the dimensions a virtually the same. It's 3" id or 76mm for the silicon hoses and the same size od for the alloy pipes I used from AP motor stores on eBay. It was all the way from the throttle body to the MAF air filter housing doing away with the useless Helmholtz resonator. I even used an ingenious method of connecting the original rocker cover breather pipe to the induction assembly as per OE spec. Using a simple Schrader tyre valve with the valve insert removed leaving a 6mm bore. The bulb end of the valve pulled through the silicon tube and sealed perfectly around a 13 mm hole.
Job done and lasted 3 years before I sold the car and is still going strong, my nephew now runs the car! Still running great!
It produced 8 extra horses with a dual cone induction filter on a rolling road for comparison too and completely eliminated MAF and throttle body dirt\ contamination issues.
Worth the minimal money and time spent considering how much a MAF is.
AO Member

Member car:

GTV 2.0 Lusso

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
24v , 30l , 916 , induction , pipe