Rear track control arm - or parts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By solaris998

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 26-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: UK
Rear track control arm - or parts

Does anyone know of a supplier of the adjustable rear track control arms or parts to overhaul the originals. Spent hours on google without luck. Alfaholics list a replacement but have no stock. Would be happy with rod ends or even just the bushes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
both powerflex and strongflex do rear suspension bush kits for the GTV, they are huely different prices though!!!

powerflex is around £490 where as the strongflex are £155 including postage from Poland, both are on ebay..I have recently (yesterday) fitted lower control arm inner bushes to mine ,I used poweflex simply because a local supplier had availibilty and I have time retraints for an MOT re-test.

had I the time I would have done the whole rear suspension with strongflex and changed the ARB drop links whilst I was at it, and also taken the lot for powder coating...

doing the lower rears was easy compared to front wishbones (they are a pig) the hardest part was removing the old bushes which required use of a hacksaw,chisel, a very big hammer and lots of brute force and ignorance.

actual removal of track control arms was easy, 3 bolts and off ,bushes were a breeze to fit and re-fitting the arms a reversal of removal.

the only slightliy tiny issue was the N/S needs the exhaust removed from the hangers and pushed to one side to get on the inner bush bolt, and a breaker bar was required to loosen them all off as they were very tight, access is goo though but forget using a spanner or ratchet as they will not budge.

hope this helps a bit.

It's Busso time ..
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Unfortunately I think these are the only suspension arms that Powerflex don't do bushes for, I was literally about to order these so nightmare....

I think after a steer from a previous thread the Alfaholics ones are Nissan items, had a quick look on Ebay and I'm sure they are Nissan 240SX Rear Lower Control Arms. You can get drift spec ones but I wouldn't be sure of longevity on a daily driver as rose joints aren't the best for noise transmission or for wearing out.

It looks as if Superflex do a kit SF 281-1638KSS that may fit these arms, I'm guessing the pattern parts from the motor factors have dried up as couldn't find anything there. All of the above info is purely based on a quick look as I haven't measured anything up, I'll give Alfaholics a ring later to see if it's just a temporary out of stock or whether the above options are worth looking at properly.

* ETA: Apparently the Alfaholics ones need a degree of "fettling" to fit on the subframe end so the Superflex ones may be too thick, just a thought before anyone orders some !!

Last edited by wal5; 27-09-16 at 06:57. Reason: Added a bit

AO Silver Member

County: Skåne

Member car:

GTV-TB

AO Member

County: Worcestershire

Member car:

GTV 3.0 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wal5 View Post
* ETA: Apparently the Alfaholics ones need a degree of "fettling" to fit on the subframe end so the Superflex ones may be too thick, just a thought before anyone orders some !!
Fitted these from Alfaholics on my V6, no fettling at all, easy fit.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonius View Post
Fitted these from Alfaholics on my V6, no fettling at all, easy fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swallow View Post
Got mine from alfaholics, slightly disappointing in that the central bush at each end requires grinding down on either side - this is because they are actually arms for a Nissan I believe, same length, same function but requiring fettling to fit.
Just reporting what I'd found in a previous thread, to be honest I'd cheerfully file these down to size if I could get a set. Fingers crossed for luck tomorrow.
AO Member

Just phoned Alfaholics, they are waiting on stock so no need to panic.....
(Post Link) post #8 of 12 Old 28-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Alfaholics were first option for the parts but nothing in stock until November. Was hoping to start the overhaul sooner so started to look around for parts but came up blank. To be honest with the time I have available it will more than likely be November before I need them.
Thanks to everyone for the help.
AO Member

Just had the Alfaholics ones delivered, they finally came back in stock last week. Had to send one back as it hadn't been manufactured that well but quality otherwise is pretty good, they are made by Optimal in Germany.

Annoyingly I'd just ordered the ends (Optimal again) from Alfa Ricambi in Germany as well after refurbing the original Alfa centre parts as I'd given up hope of getting a complete arm, actually works out cheaper buying the whole arm surprisingly. The end that goes into the subframe will need a small amount of fettling with both products as it is just slightly too wide to fit but nothing major. If you're using the Optimal ends in Alfa centres you'll also need to cut a good 25 mm off the threaded part of the end pieces as they are too long.

In the scheme of things nothing difficult and I suppose at least I've got a spare set now as well!
AO Member

Garage
Hi Wal

Not sure if you have seen these https://www.qp24.de/car-parts/rod-as...spension-parts
if it was these arms you needed
Desame likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris998 View Post
Hi Wal

Not sure if you have seen these https://www.qp24.de/car-parts/rod-as...spension-parts
if it was these arms you needed
Hi

Thank you for this, I'd searched high and low for these for months but hadn't found this site!!! Although those arms are Bendix they look exactly the same as the Optimal ones that Alfaholics supply, price will probably be more or less the same with shipping.

The replacement one is coming tomorrow so I can finally start rebuilding the rear subframe, don't think the car will be ready for the next Alton meet though. Probably see you in March.
AO Member

Garage
Hi

Glad to help, I found that site a while ago and book marked it!! So yeah see you in March for the first Alton meet of the year, pity the spider won't be ready be nice to finally see it after all the work you've put in.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
arm , control , parts , rear , track

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page