Alfa GTV Phase 1 2.0L Fuel Pump - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 06-09-16 Thread Starter

County: -
Alfa GTV Phase 1 2.0L Fuel Pump

Good Evening Guys,

I'm Francesco, from Malta and I am new to this website. It is very nice to be part of such a community. I have a 1997 gtv and unfortunately I have a problem with it and I am not able to solve it as I can't seem to find the parts. Does anyone know whether a phase 2 fuel pump is compatible with a phase 1 ? And if no, is the top part only different? I have a problem with the seal gasket and couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks a lot!

Francesco
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Powys
Welcome
Is there a problem with the pump itself or do you have the common 'petrol smell in car' problem.P1s are different as sender and pump are seperate units on them.
Bookmark this link ,it will prove invaluable (when it works ) FIAT ePER

Seal for the pump is pt no 7598703 number 15 in diagram FIAT ePER

Seal for the sender pt no 60580464 number 9 in diagram FIAT ePER
i have the petrol smell problem atm and think mine is the sender seal rather than the pump

edit: just checked.Pumps are different in models after the phase 1 ,but they use the same seal part number
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 09-09-16 Thread Starter

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRow View Post
Welcome
Is there a problem with the pump itself or do you have the common 'petrol smell in car' problem.P1s are different as sender and pump are seperate units on them.
Bookmark this link ,it will prove invaluable (when it works ) FIAT ePER

Seal for the pump is pt no 7598703 number 15 in diagram FIAT ePER

Seal for the sender pt no 60580464 number 9 in diagram FIAT ePER
i have the petrol smell problem atm and think mine is the sender seal rather than the pump

edit: just checked.Pumps are different in models after the phase 1 ,but they use the same seal part number
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply mate! I have a problem with the seal gasket (no: 5 in the diagram). For some reason it disintegrates and needs to be changed. The problem is that i couldn't find this gasket and wondered if the ph2 pump uses the same part number for it because my only option now is to buy a whole pump and take the seal gasket.
AO Member

County: Powys
GTVblackandred has recently dismantled a p2 pump with pics that might show if it has the same seal http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...ng-repair.html (GTV Fuel Pump Dismantling / Repair)

But if you are thinking of buying a hole pump unit only for the seal why not buy a p1 unit ? are they not available?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
1997 , fuelpump , gtv