Stuart at Alfanatics work fella - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 2 Post By joeymannero
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 01-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Stuart at Alfanatics work fella

After having a real time clearing the airbag light on my PH1 GTV due to windows 8 compatability issues and some driver problems as well I got on the phone to these gentlemen.

Stuart said .."come over I reckon we can sort it"

One issue

The car has no MOT and thd re-test is tomorrow!!

So I suggest we bring the airbag ecu to them..he says no probs we have a ph1 GTV we can fit it to clear the codes.

We arrive and are given a warm welcome and the tools required to lift the rear seats and get to it ..all connected up after a couple of non starts the codes are cleared,

Happy days...

We re-fit the original airbag ecu and go into the office to pay..

No charge lads , happy to help.

We leave a note for the gents to have a pint and shake hands and get on our way.

Got back to my car re-fitted the airbag ecu and hold breath and turn key..

All good !

So a big thank you to Alfanatics and Stuart in particular .

A thoroughly nice bunch of blokes happy to help even when there is no profit in it for them.

Will definitely be going back as and when needs.

Nice to have found a good Alfa garage locally...:-)

Highly recommended if you are in the Surrey/north Hamps area.

Will have it sorted for next time as I have a a cheap wi dows 7 machine wi ging its way to me..

Good old ebay.
markymarkspider and Rewe like this.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: West Yorkshire
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 02-09-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
Originally Posted by Verbout View Post
isn't it just..

it's been really interesting working on this phase 1 916 , it's like doing real mechanics again like I used to on my 2 stroke Vespa's...the diagnostics are unsophisticated and in my case for the moment not useable so its all been guess work and trawling through the forum for TS related info.

engine wise its been cambelt,variator, aux beltand tensioners/idlers, t-stat,water pump,new rocker gasket, oil and filters,coolant,then lower wishbones, (a pig) rear calipers and brake hoses and new pads all round, an interior clean and re-furb of the leather, chasing down a battery drain ( no switched live from the aftermarket headunit) and fixing the sunroof (long story with swearing ,tea, physics geometry and perseverance ) and finally the dreaded air bag light. fixed uneven idle by cleaning the ICV. today will see an ecu reset as well as i suspect its never been done.

must say once again ,I love the little twinnie, such a charming engine,looking forward to getting through the MOT now and hoping its going to be plain sailing from here on in...its nice to be in a petrol car again !!!

even if ts not the fastest..:yes

just a heads up, the plan is to sell this one and my GT and find a really good GTV 3.0 V6.

GT blackline,Bilstien B12's and Eibach Anti roll bar kit,Quaife Diff,Autolusso performance pads, de-cat downpipe,hybrid turbo,stage one clutch,autolusso re-map, swirl flap and egr delete, leon cupra front splitter,novitec light covers,simone racing gear knob.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alfanatics , fella , stuart , top , work