P2 Heater Fan Problem
Dear 916 Fans
I am recommissioning my 23k miles P2 T-Spark after 8 years being laid up. I am making progress but the heater fan does not work and this has me baffled.
I have read the posts in the forum - one relating to a repair of the control unit against the bulkhead and another to straight replacement of the CCU.
I have the following symptoms and would be grateful if somebody could help me through some checks to isolate the fault.
Battery fully charged:
1. The main fuse in the engine bay is good.
2. The fuses under the dash are good.
3. The air-con switch works.
4. The air recirculation switch works.
5. The fan switch does not operate the fan on any settings
6. Putting a multimeter across the brown and pink contacts on the fan plug, I get 12.6 Volts across BOTH contacts when the ignition is OFF and about 10.5 Volts when I turn on the fan switch to 1,2,3,4 or Auto.
Now it doesn't seem right that I get +12Volts on both contacts for the fan, one should be + and the other -.
Does this point to a faulty CCU?
I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks.