My Alfa GTV 2.0 TS Lusso - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By Scortho
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 26-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

My Alfa GTV 2.0 TS Lusso

Hi all

I am picking up tomorrow an Alfa GTV (My 2nd ever Alfa after owning a GT last year)

I am excited to pick it up and look forward to fixing the few little niggles.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Norfolk
Bought my Twinnie 29th March 2001... Nearly 16 years and 110k miles later I love it as much as I did the day I drove it off the forecourt. Hope you enjoy your GTV as much.
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
I have a 230 BHP GT with Bilstien suspenson, eibach arb's and a quaife LSD, AND a 2.0 TS GTV....

you know what....?

they are equal in my eyes, the 155 bhp in my PH 1 GTV is just as much fun...also spent half hour today driving my mates Audi R8 and I am deadly serious when iI say as impressive a machine as it is, (and it is) the GTV has a charm that I just can't put my finger on,

I also drove a GTV V6 this weekend and of the R8, GTV 3.0 and TS and my GT I think the Busso just , but only just edges it..but its damn close.

if I had to evaluate all three cars based on running costs maintenance and ''charm'' , I would say from a driver involvment point of view te TS has a really good shout , as despite the HP being the least of the three ,the handling is fantastic, the engine note fabulous (not far off as intoxicating as the V6) and it loves being revved to th max..!!

on top of this the economy is not bad at all and the maintenance a doddle for the average weekend warrior..its viable as an everyday car ..just not sure yet if I should take the opportunity to aquire a Busso..

haven't decided yet but am seriously considering running the TS as my everyday car as she has charmed me completely..

proof its not all about HP....

enjoy, they are great little cars and set to be a classic in the very near future.

GT blackline,Bilstien B12's and Eibach Anti roll bar kit,Quaife Diff,Autolusso performance pads, de-cat downpipe,hybrid turbo,stage one clutch,autolusso re-map, swirl flap and egr delete, leon cupra front splitter,novitec light covers,simone racing gear knob.

Last edited by joeymannero; 27-08-16 at 22:28.
AO Silver Member
County: Kildare

Member car:

916 gtv 2.0

Ive daily'd mine for the last 2 years and have done 40K miles. I will say doing 40K miles in a gtv is neither the most comfortable thing in the world or the most affordable. They're old cars, they take quite a bit of maintenance and you certainly notice it with higher mileage. Having a bit of a modified suspension set up doesn't help much either in terms of comfort.
However I do come in smiling every morning to work, partly because I get to skip along lots of backroads every morning
joeymannero likes this.
AO Silver Member
County: Norfolk

Member car:

I daily'd my V6 for 8 years and it was the cheapest motoring I have ever had. I must have liked it to have kept it so long but when I think back now, the car I miss more was the 156 twinny I had before it.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa GTV

Don't see many on the road now do we!
Just got back from a weekend in west went like a little bird and does seems smoother on the expensive fuel.
I adore the car and continue a love affair that started 14 years ago when I picked it up from down south.
It is more reliable than the new fiestas I run for my business and as icing it looks fantastic.
Had my 17 year old driving it along the coast this weekend and she got the message.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

alfa , gtv , lusso