Mot 😀 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 09-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0l

Mot 😀

The GTV Passed its MOT today with no advisories and the tester said the underside looks like new.
It's really pleasing when someone else notices all the hard work !
On a side note I renewed all the rear brake pipes to the compensator and fitted new calipers, I now have a handbrake that actually works and doesn't just scrape the MOT .I have taken a pictorial step by step on how I renewed the pipe work, I don't want to teach anyone how to suck eggs as the compensator is a common corrosion point but is it worthwhile posting up a guide on how I did it ?
Thoughts ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Norfolk
Guides on any job are really handy. Reading the guides on replacing front and rear discs have given me the confidence to buy some discs and have a go at doing it myself in a couple of weeks when I am off work saving a good couple of hundred quid. Watch this space for a report on how it goes or an obituary if the brakes don't work!!!
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellytheroc View Post
Guides on any job are really handy. Reading the guides on replacing front and rear discs have given me the confidence to buy some discs and have a go at doing it myself in a couple of weeks when I am off work saving a good couple of hundred quid. Watch this space for a report on how it goes or an obituary if the brakes don't work!!!
Glad you had no issues. Yes please to the guides from all aspects.
It is sometimes tricky to identify 'the good' bad and ugly' on some models.
I recently acquired a 2003 Spider TS that needs some TLC so it's great to get inspiration.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
mot

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page