update on my GTV TS and sunroof question.. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
  • 1 Post By joeymannero
  • 1 Post By joeymannero
  • 1 Post By alfapash
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 04-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
update on my GTV TS and sunroof question..

having recently purchased a PH 1 2.0 TS with some TLC required I thought I would update!

problems were

cambelt,water pump and thermostat had never been done, I suspected balance and aux belts needed doing to and lower wishbones were also a failure on the last MOT 4 years ago! It had been garaged since then until i drove it back, and sweet it was too..!

done so far

cam belt kit with new variator tensioner and idler

water pump

aux belt,

oil, coolant and oil and air filters replaced. and coolant system and engine flushed.

airbag connectors cleaned and airbag light is now off..

new rocker cover gasket.

both mirrors and bases removed and re-sprayed.

drivers seat catch which was not working as the internal cable was broken has been fixed, A faff and a half but the interior is on such good condition i didn't want to scap a seat for such a silly reason.

will post a how to when I get a moment...

centre console has been removed and I will remove ''GUNK'' and re spray a nice matt black...all carpets shampoo'ed and she has come up lovely.

decided after a chat with Dan at Autolusso Penrith and a further chat with Loz at Autolusso Bournemouth that I will not bother with balance belt as it will make no real difference and frees up a few ponies and results in a freer revving engine.

to do

clean and paint calipers and add alfa decals

fit 16'' teledials I have in the garage so you can see the nicely painted calipers with the decals! 10mm spacers and longer wheelbolts in the post.

fit new bonnet and boot badges

go round and take care of some minor blemishes and mop body work

full valet and stand back and admire handywork..

Now to the problem with the sunroof..

it moves forwards, it moves backwards but about 2 inches from the point at which it would close or open in either direction it will not move, have used the manual key to get it past this point and it does feel tight at this point and MUCH easier everywhere else...

it feels like something is ''off'' in the adjustment to me, or it is just very tight at this point and the old motor just doesn't have the grunt anymore...

have covered the whole lot in penetrating fluid and am hoping for an easier time of it tomorrow...

any other suggestions most welcome, I have of course done a search but cannot find reference to this specific issue.

many thanks in advance for your replies...
cgc likes this.

GT blackline,Bilstien B12's and Eibach Anti roll bar kit,Quaife Diff,Autolusso performance pads, de-cat downpipe,hybrid turbo,stage one clutch,autolusso re-map, swirl flap and egr delete, leon cupra front splitter,novitec light covers,simone racing gear knob.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 3 Old 12-08-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Surrey

The sunroof now works perfectly after a thorough oiling ,greasing and opening and closing with the help of the manual key. it now works all on its own..

also have done the wishbones..JEEZUS! what a frickin nightmare they are ...lining up the 4 bolts (especially the inboard ones) and getting the drop links and and ball joints to line up is a major mission...

glad to have that particular job out of the way and looking forward to my next drive (MOT day) big thumps up to the how to by starkers, it was a great help especially the bit about getting the inboard bolts in first, I am not sure any other way would work.

all cosmetic jobs to do now apart from the airbag warning light, cleaned connectors and checked the wiring its all good ...any help with cancelling that appreciated...
alfapash likes this.
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
There's lots of posts on the air bag problem, search for the airbag ph 1, it's different from the ph 2.
joeymannero likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

gtv , question , sunroof , update