Which brakes? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes

AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by York View Post
Hi Nellytheroc,

I recently changed the discs and pads on my Spider. Fitted Mtec grooved and dimpled on the front with standard pads, (can't remember the brand, they were in the book of the car when I bought it), and standard discs at the back with Mintex pads.

Brakes are a lot better now which I put down to a good strip and clean together with the Mtec discs on the front. Next time I change pads on the front I will go for something more exotic to see what improvement they bring.

Don't doubt that Ned is right about stopping power being in the quality of the front pads fitted. My experience of Mtec front discs though is that they do make a difference.

this is the exact set up i have and consider them dead and wooden in feel, Mintex and Mtec groved and dimpled, all round, Drove a 2.0 spyder other day and that had Pagid pads and them brakes ( none brembo remember) were miles better than mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #27 of 27 Old 17-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpit999 View Post
this is the exact set up i have and consider them dead and wooden in feel, Mintex and Mtec groved and dimpled, all round, Drove a 2.0 spyder other day and that had Pagid pads and them brakes ( none brembo remember) were miles better than mine
Cheers Brad and Yorky. I'm more confused than ever! I guess a lot is down to personal preference, how you drive and how you like the brakes to "feel"

I am swaying towards MTEC discs, mainly for looks, performance friction pads and then get some replacement calipers to service/refurb and paint slow time and then fit with braided hoses when they are done.

Watch this space for a write up on a job well done or a plea for help when I royally f*** it up.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
brakes