Alarm problem solved, might be useful - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 17-06-09

County: Glasgow

Member car:

Vespa, Ducati & GTV

Alarm problem solved, might be useful

I was just about to post here regarding a problem with my alarm.
the kids left a light on and the battery was flat. when i went to jump start alarm stated to go off.
Now i've never fully understood the alarm. i never got any fob wjen i bought it, just keys. the alarm has gone off a few times but the car always started. ( i now understand it isn't linked to the immobiliser.) everything would be back to normal when the siren stopped after 30secs.
tonight it just kept going. had to disconnect the siren. but i couldn't take the car out to recharge the battery as the hazards were going every 30secs. a search here revealed some facts. was looking fr a quick way to disconnect the indicators, and was directed to abacus. thier website should the controller and i then recognised what that we black box is in the footwell. went to pull it out and realised it had button on the top (through a rubber gromet). pressed it by accident tbh and voila, no more flashing indicators.

hope this is of use to some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 17-06-09
AO Member

County: New South Wales

Member car:

spider 916

Rendo,

Isn't that the fuel cutout reset. maybe it jump starting the electronics have become confused? anyway it worked so all good. Still strange. Mine as an electronic key that you insert into a slot on the drivers side and it deactivates the alarm.
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 18-06-09
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 733
County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

vRS eating GT.

the black box in the footwell is the fuel cut off switch, the alarm "brain" is sitting either above or below the head unit.
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 18-06-09

County: Glasgow

Member car:

Vespa, Ducati & GTV

Originally Posted by SAMSPIDER View Post

Isn't that the fuel cutout reset. .
Really? no idea then.

Originally Posted by SAMSPIDER View Post
Mine as an electronic key .
what do you mean by this, is it just one of the keys that comes with the car?
i have always been a bit surprised by the alarm. as i said, when it has gone off in the past, it has only run for 30secs. then (i assume) it has reset. i have never found away to de-activate it. But then i never had a fob so i never really activated it either.
I guess i need to have another look?

If i decide to just get rid of the alarm, whats the best method of removal. the siren is out.
if i remove the brains, will that isolate the flashers from the system. is there anything else that needs taken out?
  #5 (Post Link)  
Old 21-06-09
AO Member

County: New South Wales

Member car:

spider 916

The key is just a little black rectangular tag. It must have a electronic chip inside it and when you insert it in the slot located down low on the dash it must recognise the chip and deactivates the alarm.

To be honest I think the removal of the alarm is dependant on the type of alram that it is. Mine was Alfa standard do it is wire as an imobbiliser as well.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
alarm, problem, solved

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
Alfa-CF2-V6-Plenum-C...
Alfa-CF3-V6-Plenum-C...
Kleber Quadraxer...
Alfa Romeo 156...
2009 Alfa Romeo...

Alfa Romeo

Recent Image

Ao Killarney Meet...

View David P's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
We take privacy seriously, this is why we advise you to check your privacy settings by visiting your profile area and selecting "Profile Privacy".

New To Site? Need Help?