Test drove Giulia Quadrifilio today. - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 13Likes

(Post Link) post #26 of 35 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA37 View Post
Btw, I had a look at the Mercedes c63 yesterday. Beautiful machine.
Not quite a C63 but have a C200 (AMG line) at the moment, 16 plate, is an amazing car in every way...bar the engine and exhaust note haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #27 of 35 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj2k View Post
Either way, the OP enjoys driving the 166 more than the others, which makes it special to him too, but you can't automatically assume everyone else would feel the same way as you.
So where did I assume that?
(Post Link) post #28 of 35 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Herts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorget2 View Post
So where did I assume that?
Where you said "The 166 is definitely more special"?

Anyway, enough pedantics / semantics from both of us, it's not really adding an awful lot to the discussion, you obviously meant something different to how I read it.

BTw in case you're wondering why I didn't list the Bond as special, that's because it wasn't, it drove like a pot-bellied pig
(Post Link) post #29 of 35 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Just for the record, when I say something, I am not like those annoying people who go, "I think I speak on behalf of everybody when I say..."

What I say, especially when it's concerning something as indefinable as a car's "specialness", is what I think, not implicitly extended to the whole world.

I was recently told by an Italian that it's weird that I like Alfa Romeo more than Ferrari or Lamborghini. When asked why he said so, he said because more people like Ferrari, so it's weird to like Alfa more than Ferrari. That argument just doesn't cut it with me.

I like the 166 more than the GT as well.
To add some specific reasons why:
1. The 166 has a glorious interior, compared to the GT/147 interior that is a bit weird - those air-vents and the centre console are just strange-looking.
2. The GT is a very well styled coupe that still retains some practicality. However, the 166 has more practicality and in addition, whether it's the pre or post facelift, it has much more of a distinctive and elegant exterior design. Yes, it's not to everyone's taste, but that's not what it's about.

3. This may not apply as much to the UK market as it does here, but in South Africa, they definitely sold many many more GTs than 166es. So in the cities, GTs are a fairly common sight, while seeing a 166 is a rare treat.
(Post Link) post #30 of 35 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Herts
Quote:
Just for the record, when I say something, I am not like those annoying people who go, "I think I speak on behalf of everybody when I say..."

What I say, especially when it's concerning something as indefinable as a car's "specialness", is what I think, not implicitly extended to the whole world.
There we go then, I did misunderstand you

Quote:
1. The 166 has a glorious interior, compared to the GT/147 interior that is a bit weird - those air-vents and the centre console are just strange-looking.
2. The GT is a very well styled coupe that still retains some practicality. However, the 166 has more practicality and in addition, whether it's the pre or post facelift, it has much more of a distinctive and elegant exterior design. Yes, it's not to everyone's taste, but that's not what it's about.
3. This may not apply as much to the UK market as it does here, but in South Africa, they definitely sold many many more GTs than 166es. So in the cities, GTs are a fairly common sight, while seeing a 166 is a rare treat.
1) Can't disagree with you there.

2) I vastly prefer the post-facelift 166's looks, but then my top 5 recent(ish) Alfa beauty show winners would be pre-facelift 156 sportwagon, GTV, new Giulia, GT, post-facelift 166. I can't rate the 4c or 8c since I've never seen a real one.

3) There are definitely more GTs around in my neck of the woods than any other Alfa model, but then the only Alfas which have sold in any decent amount in the last 30 years are 156s, and a great many of them are in scrapyards by now.

Last edited by mj2k; 2 Weeks Ago at 00:57.
AO Member

County: -
@GTA37, can you tell more about the drivetest with the Giulia QV?
I think this thread is going in "what car should i sell" direction..
yiorgos likes this.
(Post Link) post #32 of 35 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Armagh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutp View Post
@GTA37, can you tell more about the drivetest with the Giulia QV?
I think this thread is going in "what car should i sell" direction..
Deposit paid today

Took a Bmw nut with me to test the Bmw m3 before heading down to the Alfa dealership. In a single word "insipid". I saw a lovely M4 coupe in Ferrari red with white leather. Drive of M3 really disappointed. Looks of m4 were killer.
My mate then drove the Alfa He was completely blown away with it. As am I. The BMW is a league or two below.

The only fault. It's not available as a coupe. If it were then the amp would be at 11
maxiboy wales likes this.
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA37 View Post
Deposit paid today

Took a Bmw nut with me to test the Bmw m3 before heading down to the Alfa dealership. In a single word "insipid". I saw a lovely M4 coupe in Ferrari red with white leather. Drive of M3 really disappointed. Looks of m4 were killer.
My mate then drove the Alfa He was completely blown away with it. As am I. The BMW is a league or two below.

The only fault. It's not available as a coupe. If it were then the amp would be at 11
I think the Coupe is coming later? Any wiggle room with the pricing? What is the lead time on your Giulia? I am very tempted.....
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: West Sussex
I am beginning to wonder if the QV is good enough to actually start reducing values of other Alfas. I think it might be..
I've got 4 Italian cars and collectively they would get a lease for 1 year of a base petrol model. So for now I will be watching on the sidelines, waiting and hoping they make so many the prices fall...

If I had 3 cars worth the price of the Giulia QV they'd have to be very special to keep them, and I haven't even driven one. I think you can just tell when a car's going to be great. When EVO Magazine said it was the first saloon they'd ever driven that responded like a sports car I was hooked.
(Post Link) post #35 of 35 Old 6 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Armagh
I think the Coupe is coming later? Any wiggle room with the pricing? What is the lead time on your Giulia? I am very tempted.....[/QUOTE]

The price increase took effect the day before I ordered it. The dealer split the increase. There are a few deals out there saving a few thousand but I couldn't do that to the salesman. Delivery in May.
Almo likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTA

Tags
drove , giulia , quadrifilio , test , today