Latest software update - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 04-02-13
AO Member

County: New South Wales

Member car:

Alfa Giulietta QV

Latest software update

Hi All,

Just had my QV in for service and asked about getting the software updated.

The service manager explained that they had a software update a little while back to remove the surge when engaging Dynamic as some people complained. Depending on what model and gearbox you had it was achieved in a variety of ways. In the manual QV he said they achieved it by not actually engaging D until you pressed or released the accelerator.

There was an update after this to dial a little bit of the surge back in (as more people complained about it missing) and wasn't sure which one I would be getting. He also explained there was no going back but assured me there would be no drop in power.

The good news is after the update it would seem I have the latter one. There is less surge when engaging D, a less aggressive throttle response from take off (a good thing) and I can't seem to detect any loss in power or torque.

The best news of all though is they have fixed the hill assist braking so it isn't so aggressive and disengages smoothly. It is so good I just forget it is there!

cheers,
Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 04-02-13
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GQV, metallic red, 2012

Interesting. That is the fullest explanation of the softening-of-D software upgrade reported so far!
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 04-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Giulietta QV

Also, the best way I can describe the new D is that you don't get that kind of surging on and off when you accelerate in the lower gears, it is a bit more linear. I found the old D just way too sensitive and really demanded you wear a certain kind of shoe when driving in traffic (fine on country roads though). I could quite happily leave it in D all day now in traffic but N is still nice for punting around and keeping the adrenaline levels a bit lower..
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 06-02-13
AO Gold Member

County: Staffordshire

Member car:

156GTA, GQV, Mito 95

Can't wait for the update when I take it in for service. I just don't bother with D currently.
  #5 (Post Link)  
Old 06-02-13
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

Giulietta Cloverleaf

That's a good explination. It's what I've found, but through my own experience rather than any advice from dealer or ARUK. Thanks for sharing
  #6 (Post Link)  
Old 06-02-13
DANQV2

Hmm very interesting, as the first updated basically redeemed the DNA redundant. This sounds like it bring a little bit of the madness back. I had my first update and asked for a new ECU with original map. SO ive experienced the old "new" D and didnt think much of it.

Glad to hear alfa are taking us seriously.
  #7 (Post Link)  
Old 07-02-13
AO Member

County: Bayern

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Is this the third offical ECU map (original one with D-boost and "slower" N; first Update with "not-so-dynamic-D" which was more a "sharpend-N-and-more-driveable-D" Update; and now this one, where there is a larger gap between N and D but not that bad as the original one)?
  #8 (Post Link)  
Old 07-02-13
AO Member

County: Etela-Suomen Laani

Member car:

GiuliettaTCT 1.4 MA 170hp

According to my Alfa dealer/service they have not had any info about ECU updates for my car since I got it in May last year. Where do you guys hear of ECU updates? How can I convince my service that there is one? Any official news anywhere?
  #9 (Post Link)  
Old 07-02-13
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

Brera S V6 Red 09'

Originally Posted by opettaja View Post
According to my Alfa dealer/service they have not had any info about ECU updates for my car since I got it in May last year. Where do you guys hear of ECU updates? How can I convince my service that there is one? Any official news anywhere?
This would be really interesting to know. Also are there new updates for all engines of just the QV, and would this be something you be able just to call up, book in and have done under warrenty, or sould you expect to pay?
  #10 (Post Link)  
Old 08-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Giulietta QV

Originally Posted by eddieo View Post
This would be really interesting to know. Also are there new updates for all engines of just the QV, and would this be something you be able just to call up, book in and have done under warrenty, or sould you expect to pay?
Mine was done under warranty. I simply complained about an intermittent poor idle and asked if there was a software update. It was done at the same time as a service.
  #11 (Post Link)  
Old 09-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta Cloverleaf

Mine came about because the climate doesn't always remember the last setting you had it on, but reverts to the one before that. That's solved in this update.
  #12 (Post Link)  
Old 09-02-13
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

Giullieta QV 1.75Tb 235

I really must ask about this one now, then!
  #13 (Post Link)  
Old 09-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta Cloverleaf

@David Bailey, did you have the climate issue too?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
latest, software, update

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
2005 Alfa 156 2.4...
Alfa-CF2-V6-Plenum-C...
Alfa-CF3-V6-Plenum-C...
Kleber Quadraxer...
Alfa Romeo 156...

Recent Image

View Tas1308's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
Within your User Control Panel, you can change the way AO works:
For example, to change the number of posts per page, go to Edit Options and scroll down to 'Thread Display Options'. In the section 'Number of Posts to Show Per Page' select a desired amount.

New To Site? Need Help?