Aftermarket popup GPS - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 25-01-13
AO Member

County: New South Wales

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Aftermarket popup GPS

Im keen to get a pop up GPS unit fitted into my Giulietta. Australian models doesnt have the radionav option and comes standard with the tomtom socket.

im after something similar to this, hoping to get some local guys to install it (any recommendations?)
Instalación GPS Garmin - Alfa Romeo Giulietta - Solo en SOUND VILLAGE Argentina - YouTube

most seem to retrofit into the dash glovebox type, wondering if the tomtom socket already in my car will hinder it or limit the installation in someway?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 29-01-13
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa Giulietta Cloverleaf

Originally Posted by chipitz View Post
Im keen to get a pop up GPS unit fitted into my Giulietta. Australian models doesnt have the radionav option and comes standard with the tomtom socket.

im after something similar to this, hoping to get some local guys to install it (any recommendations?)
Instalación GPS Garmin - Alfa Romeo Giulietta - Solo en SOUND VILLAGE Argentina - YouTube

most seem to retrofit into the dash glovebox type, wondering if the tomtom socket already in my car will hinder it or limit the installation in someway?
Looks very good. The only thing i spotted was the 2 top vents are also lost with the new surround. A very good alternative to the tomtom. Its a shame Tomtom don't do one with blue & me integrated, now that would be fantastic.
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 31-01-13
AO Silver Member

Member car:

I managed to find this variant. This one has the air vents so gives it a slightly closer to factory look.
I cant find much more info on it though.
From the photo it looks to be 999 euros

NAVIGATORE GIULIETTA.mp4 WWW.OPTIONALAUTO.COM - YouTube
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3644.jpg (61.7 KB, 64 views)
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 01-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta QV

ahh very interesting. the gps doesnt sit quite flush with the dash in that one:P

mmm going to look around the local guys see if they can get these kits.
  #5 (Post Link)  
Old 01-02-13
AO Member

County: Victoria

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Looks good, but you won't have the Blue&Me controls that the TomTom has. I use the Media Player all the time, and the ability to control it through the TomTom is the best thing about it. Using the dashboard menu system is very archaic by comparison.
  #6 (Post Link)  
Old 01-02-13
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GQV, metallic red, 2012

Originally Posted by mulga View Post
looks good, but you won't have the blue&me controls that the tomtom has. I use the media player all the time, and the ability to control it through the tomtom is the best thing about it. Using the dashboard menu system is very archaic by comparison.
+1
  #7 (Post Link)  
Old 01-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Originally Posted by Mulga View Post
Looks good, but you won't have the Blue&Me controls that the TomTom has. I use the Media Player all the time, and the ability to control it through the TomTom is the best thing about it. Using the dashboard menu system is very archaic by comparison.
thats a good point, it is an absolute pain to change playlist at the moment..using steering controls since the dash control doesnt work half the time -.-
  #8 (Post Link)  
Old 02-02-13
AO Silver Member

Member car:

@Alfred, the card says that that price includes fitting, if it helps you work out the cost.
  #9 (Post Link)  
Old 02-02-13
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Originally Posted by KrisW View Post
@Alfred, the card says that that price includes fitting, if it helps you work out the cost.
Thanks Kris.

With regard to the comments about Blue & Me & the tomtom's media player controls.
Yes they are good features, but if you don't have a tomtom port or don't want a removable unit then the item i posted is a good option.
It also has connection to a reversing camera and has digital tv (i know this is no good in the front of a car unless you park a lot)

I already have the tomtom myself and it is good.
My only disappointment with it is the withdrawal of the google search which was replaced by its own search. This new search is just useless and it has not found the shops etc that google used too.
What peed me off the most was i had only just paid the Ł50 subscription to keep the live features running and didn't realize this didn't cover the safety camera updates. So now don't have a good search tool (except my phone) or updates to camera locations and since the payment i have only had one redirection to avoid traffic which i decided to ignore and by the time i got to the blockage it has already been removed and there was not even a 1 minute delay to my journey

#10 (Post Link)  
Old 03-02-13
AO Member

County: Victoria

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Well we don't have to worry about that in Australia, Alfred! The TomTom2 sold over here doesn't have any of the Live features on it. I had been waiting on the upgraded model for quite a while only to find the most important upgrade wasn't even on it!
  #11 (Post Link)  
Old 04-02-13
AO Member

County: Cumbria

Member car:

multiair veloce

ahh very interesting. the gps doesnt sit quite flush with the dash in that one:P

That would do my head in too, not sitting flush with the dash and it,s black compared to the dash it,s just not right
  #12 (Post Link)  
Old 04-02-13
AO Member

County: Cumbria

Member car:

multiair veloce

That would do my head in too, not sitting flush with the dash and it,s black compared to the dash it,s just not right

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
aftermarket, gps, popup

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
Alfa Romeo 156...
2009 Alfa Romeo...
2011 Alfa Romeo...
Alfa Romeo GT...
L@@K~JUST...

Recent Image

Project Halo Uk -...

View JabawokJayUK's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
Clicking the small triangle on the right hand side of every post will take you to the top of the page.
Very handy as you can instantly reach the site navigation bar!

New To Site? Need Help?