Alfa Giulietta ECU Mapping and TCT Software Updates - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 12-12-12

County: Central Macedonia

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Hmmm Alfa Giulietta ECU Mapping and TCT Software Updates

Good morning, Alfisti friends

I had my Alfa Giulietta (1.4lt MultiAir TCT bought on 1st December 2011 in Greece) for it yearly service today and they mechanic told me there are two software updates to be done. One for the ECU mapping and one for the TCT.

On my way home I noticed that the car (in Normal mode and Auto Gear mode) changed to 5th and 6th at lower RPMs than usually (improving fuel economy I guess).

Anyone had any experience with those updates? Noticed other changes?

Is there a changelog we could find and post here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 12-12-12
AO Member

County: New South Wales

Member car:

Giulietta

I'm interested in hearing more on this too. No one knows?
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 20-12-12

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Might be the fact that since the updates I am looking for changes...

Anyway, I have noticed that acceleration just after Start&Stop ingnition is a bit smoother and also Hill Holder works better.

I would be helpful if some other member who had the updates would share his experience with them...
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 21-12-12
AO Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Giulietta 1.4 MA TCT

Originally Posted by pinitrius View Post
Might be the fact that since the updates I am looking for changes...

Anyway, I have noticed that acceleration just after Start&Stop ingnition is a bit smoother and also Hill Holder works better.

I would be helpful if some other member who had the updates would share his experience with them...
Hi Guys

I took delivery of my GMA TCT three weeks ago and covered 1 000 miles to date. Mine has the latest software updates and the difference compared to the pre-upgraded TCT is huge. The box is brilliant, it exceeds all my expectations every time I drive it. I can't fault it at all. In full automatic mode in Normal mode around town it is fantastic. Still plenty of power, very smooth changes with no hunting or hanging on to a gear too long. It does shift up quite early but that's fine, it keeps the revs nice and low and must be good for consumption. In D it is more aggressive and changes at higher revs. A bit too responsive for smooth town operation maybe but that's what N is for. Manual mode in D and N there are no problems to report either. I don't have any issues coming out of roundabouts, pulling away in 2nd and overall operation in town is super smooth. My advice to anyone with a TCT with the original software is to take it to your dealer and have the new software installed. You will thank yourself and your dealer every day. Alfa really deserves a pat on the back for the R & D they have done with the TCT. I have extensive experience of VW's DSG box and Audi's S-tronic. I much prefer the TCT and of course our cars just sound so much better than anything else out there!
  #5 (Post Link)  
Old 25-12-12
AO Member

Member car:

ALFA Giulietta 1.4 ma,tct

I got mine in June (produced in May). Is that before or after the update? And how can I check what version I have? Thanks.
  #6 (Post Link)  
Old 25-12-12

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Originally Posted by Chrisbakker View Post
Hi Guys

I took delivery of my GMA TCT three weeks ago and covered 1 000 miles to date. Mine has the latest software updates and the difference compared to the pre-upgraded TCT is huge. The box is brilliant, it exceeds all my expectations every time I drive it. I can't fault it at all. In full automatic mode in Normal mode around town it is fantastic. Still plenty of power, very smooth changes with no hunting or hanging on to a gear too long. It does shift up quite early but that's fine, it keeps the revs nice and low and must be good for consumption. In D it is more aggressive and changes at higher revs. A bit too responsive for smooth town operation maybe but that's what N is for. Manual mode in D and N there are no problems to report either. I don't have any issues coming out of roundabouts, pulling away in 2nd and overall operation in town is super smooth. My advice to anyone with a TCT with the original software is to take it to your dealer and have the new software installed. You will thank yourself and your dealer every day. Alfa really deserves a pat on the back for the R & D they have done with the TCT. I have extensive experience of VW's DSG box and Audi's S-tronic. I much prefer the TCT and of course our cars just sound so much better than anything else out there!
Overall, my experience has been good with the new updates. It is nice to know that someone else has positive feedback and that it isn't all "in my head"!
  #7 (Post Link)  
Old 03-05-13

County: Gauteng

Member car:

Giulietta MA TCT

I just had my MA TCT with 10,000 km updated this week. The difference between the old N and the new N is amazing. I used to always switch into D as soon as I started the car as I found the old N so sluggish. The new N has better acceleration--before, if it was in N, I used to worry about crossing a busy street with fast, oncoming traffic. Now I can pull away with confidence. It seems to rev slightly higher at idle, which perhaps assist with the improved acceleration. I haven't tried D after the update.
  #8 (Post Link)  
Old 03-05-13
AO Member

County: Stockholm

Member car:

Giulietta 1.4MA TCT

Does anyone know how to check if the car is updated or not? Just had min for 3 weeks and bought it second hand..
  #9 (Post Link)  
Old 04-05-13
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

G MA TCT

email to stealer on it's way ...
  #10 (Post Link)  
Old 08-05-13

County: Ankara

Member car:

giulietta

I got my new giulietta 1.4 ma tct at friday. after 22 hours when it was at 62 km, suddenly tct and later both tct and motor error codes appeared and iw had to stopped. It was in d mode but was like in n mode. My car is reached to the service by breakdown truck. I was really dissapointed and try to learn the exact causes for this situation. After 2 days of e mail traffic full of error codes, they said me this is all software problem. Should i feel safe and calm now?
  #11 (Post Link)  
Old 08-05-13
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

G MA TCT

Cheese response

Originally Posted by J1JPE View Post
email to stealer on it's way ...
already got the latest software apparently

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
alfa, ecu, giulietta, mapping, software, tct, update, updates

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
2009 Alfa Romeo...
2011 Alfa Romeo...
Alfa Romeo GT...
L@@K~JUST...
Alfa gt 1.9 jtd...

Recent Image

Project Halo Uk -...

View JabawokJayUK's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
AO Club Members have access to more site features.

Click Here to compare the differences.

New To Site? Need Help?