Problem with phone calls - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 10-09-12 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 71
Problem with phone calls

I've paired my HTC Sensation with Blue & Me. People I phone complain of what sounds like traffic noise - wind rushing - in the background which makes my voice faint at about 30mph and almost inaudible (aren't they lucky!) at about 50mph. The level of noise experienced by the caller reduces to almost zero when the G is stopped in traffic. Turning off the a/c and radio doesn't make any difference. I don't find the G's interior any noisier than other cars I've driven, so could the problem be interference from the G's other electronic systems? Any ideas? BTW, I can hear callers perfectly well.
Fairhurst is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: #countrylife...
Regional Representative
For East Midlands - AOEM
 
braddersR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 41,433
Images: 14

Member car:

Giulietta Veloce

I've got my HTC Desire paired up and never had anyone complain as you've mentioned
braddersR is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
JFT89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 336
My other half has complained about the background noise while talking to me using the bluetooth on the car, she also noted that when I rang her while in a Mito courtesy car it was alot quieter....

I use an IPhone 4S btw

Last edited by JFT89; 10-09-12 at 14:07.
JFT89 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
msocratous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 306
Any chance you are using a custom rom on your phone?
msocratous is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
paulcordes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 6

Member car:

Guilietta QV

Ive had some similar problems and the same as you I can hear the people clearly but they complain about the background drone. I have a Blackberry so I've just been blaming it on that (:
paulcordes is offline  
(Post Link) post #6 of 13 Old 10-09-12 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by msocratous View Post
Any chance you are using a custom rom on your phone?
All I know about my phone is that it's locked to Vodafone.
Fairhurst is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
P3te2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 102
Images: 5
My call quality is on and off with my Nokia. Anyone know where the mic is in the cabin?
P3te2 is offline  
Status: Floods + Rain
AO Member
 
cr1t1cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 45
Images: 4
If you're fone also has built in Wi-Fi try turning off the Wifi as this can cause issues with sound quality over bluetooth ! Let us know how you get on.
cr1t1cal is offline  
(Post Link) post #9 of 13 Old 12-09-12 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1t1cal View Post
If you're fone also has built in Wi-Fi try turning off the Wifi as this can cause issues with sound quality over bluetooth ! Let us know how you get on.
I turned off my phone's WiFi, but no improvement. Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I should phone my Alfa dealer from the G.
Fairhurst is offline  
(Post Link) post #10 of 13 Old 14-12-13 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairhurst View Post
I've paired my HTC Sensation with Blue & Me. People I phone complain of what sounds like traffic noise - wind rushing - in the background which makes my voice faint at about 30mph and almost inaudible (aren't they lucky!) at about 50mph. The level of noise experienced by the caller reduces to almost zero when the G is stopped in traffic. Turning off the a/c and radio doesn't make any difference. I don't find the G's interior any noisier than other cars I've driven, so could the problem be interference from the G's other electronic systems? Any ideas? BTW, I can hear callers perfectly well.
I had the dealer check B&M, but this didn't make any difference. Recently I replaced my HTC Sensation by an iPhone 4S. This solved the problem. I have now have perfect phone reception as do callers.
Fairhurst is offline  
Status: Petrol head
AO Platinum Member
 
cue2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 17,002
So it really was "problem with phone" rather than the car!
cue2 is offline  
(Post Link) post #12 of 13 Old 15-12-13 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
So it really was "problem with phone" rather than the car!
Indeed!
Fairhurst is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3
I had similar but mine was the usb box in the glove compartment dealer changed it and now its crystal clear!
toonboy1974 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
calls , phone , problem

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome