Supersprint vs Ragazzon on a Giulietta QV - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

Home Forums AO Club Member Gallery Classifieds Trade Directory  

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (Post Link)  
Old 19-07-11

County: Stockholm

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Supersprint vs Ragazzon on a Giulietta QV

Hi

I have convinced myself to change the exhaust on my QV, like many I feel its a bit quiet. In "D" its a bit louder but still. And from my readings in the forums it seems that its either a Supersprint or a Ragazzon system to go for on a Giulietta.

Nonetheless I have zero experience of the two systems and I'm interested in your thoughts about the two and which one i should go for? Whats the main difference? Sound, Performance in terms of hp and the looks?

I've followed Vulgi's posts on the Ragazzon tuning but I'm still confused as to what to go for.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (Post Link)  
Old 19-07-11
AO Silver Member

County: Wielkopolskie

Member car:

75 TS, G MA, 307 SW 1.6

I believe that the PRICE difference is the main issue .
  #3 (Post Link)  
Old 19-07-11

County: Stockholm

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Not to be cheeky but nevermind the price, its going to be fitted on an alfa romeo.
  #4 (Post Link)  
Old 19-07-11
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 TS, G MA, 307 SW 1.6

Judging from the youtube files I'd say Ragazzon sounds nicer. I wouldn't count on massive performance gains.
  #5 (Post Link)  
Old 20-07-11
AO Member

County: Attica

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV

Originally Posted by radosuaf View Post
Judging from the youtube files I'd say Ragazzon sounds nicer. I wouldn't count on massive performance gains.
True on both, Ragazzon sounds better, performance gains are quite small for either system. Specifically about 10hp for the full exhaust including catalyst. Price on the Ragazzon about 1,8k euros for the full thing, worth it if you factor in the sound change that makes your car sound like a real AR.
  #6 (Post Link)  
Old 20-07-11
AO Member

County: Istanbul

Member car:

Giulietta MAir +-200 ps

Hi,

Sorry to jumpo in. I am also considering this alot nowadays and do not want to spend that much, just want to change the tone a bit with also relacing the filter, will it be ok to change the end pipe and final silencer?? or final silencer only to make it more wallet friendly??

thanks in advance...
  #7 (Post Link)  
Old 20-07-11
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 TS, G MA, 307 SW 1.6

Originally Posted by Vulgi View Post
True on both, Ragazzon sounds better, performance gains are quite small for either system. Specifically about 10hp for the full exhaust including catalyst. Price on the Ragazzon about 1,8k euros for the full thing, worth it if you factor in the sound change that makes your car sound like a real AR.
Honestly speaking, judging by what is published on youtube, you cannot get anything interesting out of TBi, you know. It's not Busso and even MA sounds better in my opinion.
  #8 (Post Link)  
Old 20-07-11
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV

Originally Posted by radosuaf View Post
Honestly speaking, judging by what is published on youtube, you cannot get anything interesting out of TBi, you know. It's not Busso and even MA sounds better in my opinion.
If you are talking about the sound change with the Ragazzon exhaust you are SOOOOOO wrong.
  #9 (Post Link)  
Old 20-07-11
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV

Originally Posted by timuti79 View Post
Hi,

Sorry to jumpo in. I am also considering this alot nowadays and do not want to spend that much, just want to change the tone a bit with also relacing the filter, will it be ok to change the end pipe and final silencer?? or final silencer only to make it more wallet friendly??

thanks in advance...
You can but the sound change isn't going to be too big. I 1st changed the final silencer because the catalyst was on production at that point so would take longer to arrive and the result was noticeable but not really big. When the rest of the exhaust arrived and changed the rest (downpipe and middle part with catalyst) was that the sound completely transformed...
  #10 (Post Link)  
Old 20-07-11
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 TS, G MA, 307 SW 1.6

‪Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV Ragazzon‬‏ - YouTube - this is QV Ragazzon

‪Giulietta MA 170cv Ragazzon Duplex + PopOff‬‏ - YouTube - this is MA Ragazzon

‪Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3.2 V6 Real Sound !!!‬‏ - YouTube - this is Busso

Maybe you should record your own to compare...
  #11 (Post Link)  
Old 21-07-11
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo QV 8C Rosso

I got Supersprint kit with the middle pipe, rear muffler etc...

I'm very satisfied with the product.
The sound is exhilarating.

Thanks to timuti79 for recommending it
  #12 (Post Link)  
Old 22-07-11
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV

Originally Posted by Mashira View Post
I got Supersprint kit with the middle pipe, rear muffler etc...

I'm very satisfied with the product.
The sound is exhilarating.

Thanks to timuti79 for recommending it
So you didn't change the catalyst?
  #13 (Post Link)  
Old 22-07-11
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo QV 8C Rosso

So you didn't change the catalyst?

I didn't change it.
Only midpipe rear muffler and endpipes..
  #14 (Post Link)  
Old 22-07-11
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV

Originally Posted by Mashira View Post
I didn't change it.
Only midpipe rear muffler and endpipes..
So you only did it for the sound obviously since with those 2 you only get about 2-3 hp.
  #15 (Post Link)  
Old 22-07-11
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo QV 8C Rosso

So you only did it for the sound obviously since with those 2 you only get about 2-3 hp.
Exactly.
  #16 (Post Link)  
Old 13-08-11
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Anything I get on my hand

Hey guys I have made my own research and came up with the result that supersprint would be the better for my QV. I like the fact that it does not make much noise and the fact that it sounds like woushhhhhhh kind of turbocharged noise. Ragazzon sounds too racy for my liking. Cannot blame anyone for buying either of the two. Its just my opinion.
Any of you guys contacted with supersprint and know what are the performance gains for the full supersprint exhaust package with catalyst for the qv?
  #17 (Post Link)  
Old 13-08-11
AO Member

Member car:

Unfortunetly they havent released any dyno tests so that keeps me a bit worries. Would not change my oem exhaust if there is no performance gain
  #18 (Post Link)  
Old 17-08-11
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 TS, G MA, 307 SW 1.6

I'm getting the rear muffler from Supersprint. Will post how it sounds .
  #19 (Post Link)  
Old 18-08-11
AO Member

Member car:

Contacted Supersprint today and they confirmed me that their exhaust system does not give any extra hp. Thats why there is no dyno test. Now thats what I call caring about your customers, being honest. He told me that their exhaust point is to produce nice and sporty sound.
Have you guys got any confirmation that the ragazzon system produces extra power?
  #20 (Post Link)  
Old 19-08-11
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Jag XF S

Unless you're replacing the most restrictive part of the system - the catalytic converter, any cat-back system is at best going to give you a couple of horses.
  #21 (Post Link)  
Old 19-08-11
AO Silver Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

Giullieta QV 1.75Tb 235

I hope your neighbours like the noise as much as you do.

(this next bit gets technical / legal, but is well worth knowing if you mod your car in any way that changes the noise it makes - also, see the end for my personal thoughts)

In the UK, it is an offence to fit an exhaust that is significantly louder then the original equipment. Specifically Regulation 97 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 provides for the avoidance of excessive noise from motor vehicles by saying that "No motor vehicle shall be used on a road in such manner as to cause any excessive noise which could have been avoided by the exercise of reasonable care on the part of the driver".

This is an 'absolute offence', all it takes is the opinion of a Police Officer who was a witness. "If in the opinion of the prosecuting officer, your car is louder than a standard car of similar type and age, an offence has been committed."

This was originally contained in The Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) (Amendment) (No. 5) Regulations 1996

This was based on the relevant EU Directives are in paragraphs 3 and 5 of Annex I to Community Directive 92/97 or 96/20

If stopped, and people are (normally in town centres), then you will probably be issued a section 59 notice and or a PG9. Generally it is a fine and you have to remove the cause of the excess noise or risk impoundment.

This was made even more complicated by the introduction of the Environmental Protection (Noise Pollution) requirements in 2010.

Police around the UK now use sound measuring equipment to British Standards and will pull people over if their exhaust noise is far above the 'type approval' range of 82-89 dB, even though there is no actual legal sound level ( dB ) limit on road vehicles. (For the novice 89dB is a large 4x4 at full throttle). At least once Police force will consider prosecution at 90dB. This might vary where you have an SVA certificate.

Finally, your neighbours have a right under the The Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993 and later amendments and local bylaws to complain if you sit on the drive and rev the engine, have a loud vehicle, or use it in a way that causes a nuisance, especially at night.

Personally:

I *love* the sound of good exhausts tuned to suit an engine, used appropriately and carefully matched to vehicle use and performance; I just recognise that manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to meet the regulations and I trust that all aftermarket manufacturers do, too.

DavidJWBailey
  #22 (Post Link)  
Old 19-08-11
AO Silver Member

Member car:

75 TS, G MA, 307 SW 1.6

Honestly, I don't think a MultiAir with an aftermarket muffler from a respected company is going to be more noisy than a bl**dy TDI on cold winter morning .
  #23 (Post Link)  
Old 19-08-11
Regional Representative
For Northern Ireland - AONI

County: Antrim

Member car:

BMW M135i & 159Ti SW

Originally Posted by davidjwbailey View Post
Police around the UK now use sound measuring equipment to British Standards and will pull people over if their exhaust noise is far above the 'type approval' range of 82-89 dB, even though there is no actual legal sound level ( dB ) limit on road vehicles. (For the novice 89dB is a large 4x4 at full throttle). At least once Police force will consider prosecution at 90dB. This might vary where you have an SVA certificate.
I seem to recall reading that there are stipulations as to the conditions where the sound measurement is taken. It was my understanding that the police couldn't just pull you over and stick a decibel meter at the exhaust to 'prove' it was too loud although if it is very obviously louder than non standard it's a bit of a moot point.
  #24 (Post Link)  
Old 19-08-11
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta QV1.7, GTV 2.0,

regulations regulations thats what its all about in the UK ! The right for this the right for that. I cant wait for next year when Ill be leaving this nanny state for good !
  #25 (Post Link)  
Old 20-08-11
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV

Originally Posted by twanspider View Post
regulations regulations thats what its all about in the UK ! The right for this the right for that. I cant wait for next year when Ill be leaving this nanny state for good !
I agree. Regulations are good but within a limit. I was away on vacation so didn't participate but let me repeat what I have written in my guide. BOTH of the exhausts are withing legal sound limits (74db) and you even get a certificate for that so really no need to worry about legal implications. About our friend that says that they give no HP increase, I have the official response from both companies that claim they add about 10 - 12 hp for the full system though.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
giulietta, ragazzon, supersprint

Recently 'Read'
No History to show

Useful Links
Lost Password?
AO Merchandise
FAQs
Register

External Links
2005 Alfa 156 2.4...
Alfa-CF2-V6-Plenum-C...
Alfa-CF3-V6-Plenum-C...
Kleber Quadraxer...
Alfa Romeo 156...

Recent Image

My Latest Transport

View Verbout's images

Search

Forums

Classifieds

Gallery

Social Groups

Members

Did you know..?
Did you know..?
We take privacy seriously, this is why we advise you to check your privacy settings by visiting your profile area and selecting "Profile Privacy".

New To Site? Need Help?