uConnect 6,5" Firmware Update - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 2Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 29 Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Germany
Idea uConnect 6,5" Firmware Update

Hello,

I found on a italian alfa forum the ltest firmware update for the uConnect 6,5". It is compatible with both the Live and the NON-Live models.
Just download the zip and extract it on a freshly formatted (FAT32) 4Gb or bigger USB stick. After that just stick it in the USB port and wait a minute or so. You should get a prompt to install the update.
As a precaution, make a hard reset(factory reset) of the unit before upgrading.
Here is the LINK for the update and the LINK of the original thread.
mru likes this.

Last edited by Metallus; 4 Days Ago at 06:47. Reason: Cleanup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 29 Old 4 Days Ago
AO Member

County: Dorset
Does this update cover all languages and what's new in this update?
(Post Link) post #3 of 29 Old 4 Days Ago
AO Member

Member car:

Guilietta qv

What new about the update?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

(Post Link) post #4 of 29 Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troogroove View Post
Does this update cover all languages and what's new in this update?
I think so. I updated mine which is an import from Denmark. I live in Germany, but have it set on English because of personal reasons.
As to what's new, there are a few modifications to the overall interface. To name a few, on the "MORE" page there are a few more info's about the fuel consumption, Trip A and Trip B. It also is a bit snappier overall. I just reported what the others on the italian forum have posted. I am not an Italian native or cannot speak Italian, but my native language allows me to understand it pretty well. I don't have a changelog or anything.
Just wanted to report it here too, as it seems it's a pretty big update.
And if your unit is NOT a live one, it will remain so after the update. It CANNOT activate LIVE options/services on a NON-Live unit.
(Post Link) post #5 of 29 Old 4 Days Ago
AO Member

Thanks for the info I will update mine tonight. Now all I want is the apple CarPlay to be available
(Post Link) post #6 of 29 Old 3 Days Ago
AO Member

County: UK

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Quote:
Thanks for the info I will update mine tonight. Now all I want is the apple CarPlay to be available
I'd be interested as to how you get on Troogrove. Also what is the sound and any performance gains like from your wizard back box?

Cheers
Andy
(Post Link) post #7 of 29 Old 3 Days Ago
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidz147 View Post
I'd be interested as to how you get on Troogrove. Also what is the sound and any performance gains like from your wizard back box?

Cheers
Andy
I have just finished the update and here are the results:

1. The update on my uConnect Live on my 2016 G took 22 minutes
2. Once the system has rebooted and started up I had to perform a reset to defaults as there was no sound coming out of the speakers. I do have the Bose audio installed but I dont think that was the problem
3. After the reboot everything was fine and I had sound out the speakers, one thing to note the volume level after the reset is at 0
4. The whole system works so much faster now, when I used to press on a on screen button or option there was a pause before anything happened. Now its press and its there
5. Playing music from a USB drive is alot quicker, when you press browse there is no loading screen any more the list is just there and scrolling through the list is lightening fast
6. Under the apps menu there are some new items and the connection to the app on the phone is instant no more waiting for the Live button to activate

Overall a much needed update to the system all that is needed now is the addition of Apple CarPlay to the system and everything will be complete.

This is the method I used:

a. Turn on the ignition and radio
b. Put USB drive in the USB slot
c. Wait for the system to read the drive and then it displays a message that there is an update available, it tells you the new version on the USB drive and the current Version on the system. Mine was Version 16.45
d. Click the button to install then sit back and wait, there are 9 parts to the update process the first 4 take the longest time with the remaining ones shooting along
e. Once the update has finished it will stick on screen showing 100% and 100% just leave it be and the system will reboot. Once it has rebooted leave it for a couple more minutes
f. Go into the settings menu and reset the system back to defaults. This wont delete your saved radio stations but will turn on all the default options like the beep sound when you press a button
g. Give the system another couple of minutes and it will reboot again
h. Enjoy the new faster system
BrighouseAlfa likes this.
(Post Link) post #8 of 29 Old 3 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
I have just finished the update and here are the results:

1. The update on my uConnect Live on my 2016 G took 22 minutes
2. Once the system has rebooted and started up I had to perform a reset to defaults as there was no sound coming out of the speakers. I do have the Bose audio installed but I dont think that was the problem
3. After the reboot everything was fine and I had sound out the speakers, one thing to note the volume level after the reset is at 0
4. The whole system works so much faster now, when I used to press on a on screen button or option there was a pause before anything happened. Now its press and its there
5. Playing music from a USB drive is alot quicker, when you press browse there is no loading screen any more the list is just there and scrolling through the list is lightening fast
6. Under the apps menu there are some new items and the connection to the app on the phone is instant no more waiting for the Live button to activate

Overall a much needed update to the system all that is needed now is the addition of Apple CarPlay to the system and everything will be complete.

This is the method I used:

a. Turn on the ignition and radio
b. Put USB drive in the USB slot
c. Wait for the system to read the drive and then it displays a message that there is an update available, it tells you the new version on the USB drive and the current Version on the system. Mine was Version 16.45
d. Click the button to install then sit back and wait, there are 9 parts to the update process the first 4 take the longest time with the remaining ones shooting along
e. Once the update has finished it will stick on screen showing 100% and 100% just leave it be and the system will reboot. Once it has rebooted leave it for a couple more minutes
f. Go into the settings menu and reset the system back to defaults. This wont delete your saved radio stations but will turn on all the default options like the beep sound when you press a button
g. Give the system another couple of minutes and it will reboot again
h. Enjoy the new faster system
The BOSE sound problem after the update is also known, but it seems as non-existent as after the reset to defaults it works again.
On another note, I thought that apple carplay was already available to the LIVE versions.
(Post Link) post #9 of 29 Old 3 Days Ago
AO Member

County: Surrey
Does the update change the Alfa logo on startup?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
I think so. I updated mine which is an import from Denmark. I live in Germany, but have it set on English because of personal reasons.
As to what's new, there are a few modifications to the overall interface. To name a few, on the "MORE" page there are a few more info's about the fuel consumption, Trip A and Trip B. It also is a bit snappier overall. I just reported what the others on the italian forum have posted. I am not an Italian native or cannot speak Italian, but my native language allows me to understand it pretty well. I don't have a changelog or anything.
Just wanted to report it here too, as it seems it's a pretty big update.
And if your unit is NOT a live one, it will remain so after the update. It CANNOT activate LIVE options/services on a NON-Live unit.
What are the adjustments if you performed the update in the uConnect Navi (6.5 ") of 05-2015 ?
AO Member

County: Flintshire
Thanks for this, I have applied the update on my UConnect (Non-Live), I haven't had the chance to test the update properly, but now I have a hissing noise coming out of the speakers, I have the Bose system.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have done a reset as there was no audio initially.
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Doing mine as we speak.
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
All done. No problems. Did get the hissing (I have Bose too) but it disappeared after the second reset.
AO Member

Just an update for some, since I did the update on a uConnect Live system which is working alot better I had a message come up on screen that there was an update for the Live apps part. The update is only about 5MB and downloads using your phone, i am not sure what it has done yet but if i find out I will let people know.
AO Member

Just done my non-live 16 QVL with no problems ( I left engine running as I didn't want it to turn off after 20 mins ! ) , as above system is faster with some extras under the more button and other things have changed in some of the menu's . One thing to note is once its connected to my iPhone it now comes up with Siri under the signal strength in phone settings so not sure if / how Siri can now be activated with car system ?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyvee View Post
Just done my non-live 16 QVL with no problems ( I left engine running as I didn't want it to turn off after 20 mins ! ) , as above system is faster with some extras under the more button and other things have changed in some of the menu's . One thing to note is once its connected to my iPhone it now comes up with Siri under the signal strength in phone settings so not sure if / how Siri can now be activated with car system ?
If you hold the voice button on the steering wheel Siri comes up on the display and you can use it from there. Carplay is still not part of this update yet as you cannot pair the system with a phone, the phone doesn't detect the system when you try and pair it.
AO Member

Thanks , that works a treat

Not sure how this update was found but any chance there is one for the 5" ( no nav ) as fitted in 15 plate Mito's , be nice if the wife had access to Siri as well ?
AO Member

County: Kent
Is this a genuine update? The only reason I ask is if you open the file - checkswdl.bat - the text is laid out to create a skull and cross bones. I've seen these with cracked software so I'm guessing something has been done to allow DIY updating instead of having to take it to a main dealer.
AO Member

Update, (not Live, from 14 to 17) was easy and was successful. (Ignition on, only)
Small adjustments in Navi (+faster) and Info (now, on-board computer)
The interior has thus received a new, small "facelift"
Thanks
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverevo View Post
Is this a genuine update? The only reason I ask is if you open the file - checkswdl.bat - the text is laid out to create a skull and cross bones. I've seen these with cracked software so I'm guessing something has been done to allow DIY updating instead of having to take it to a main dealer.
The update is genuine someone who works at a dealers has just made a copy of it. The extra programs in the file are the release notes from the people that got hold of the file and a program to check the MD5 value of the ISO this is a check that allows you to see if the file has been changed from the original.

Just saves people some money for not having to pay a dealer for the update, in the US you can just download the updates and install them yourself for free.
AO Member

County: Kent
Quote:
The update is genuine someone who works at a dealers has just made a copy of it. The extra programs in the file are the release notes from the people that got hold of the file and a program to check the MD5 value of the ISO this is a check that allows you to see if the file has been changed from the original.

Just saves people some money for not having to pay a dealer for the update, in the US you can just download the updates and install them yourself for free.
Thats great, thanks for the explanation. I feel a bit safer doing my update now. Thanks to the original thread posters too for putting it up here.
mru

County: -Germany
Garage
Did the update this morning, with the engine running. Remember to turn off Stop&Start! But if you aren't cruising, ignition is fine.
Mine is a 2016 1.4 MA with 6.5" live.
One large part of the update (9 of 9) is the DAB. I have not seen any difference; neither in performance nor in features/menus. Maybe it effects a different country, not Germany.

The added live update took several (!) attempts.

Yes the thing is faster, and reacts better to the touch inputs, but it is still the same beast.

Have I not noticed this before, or is it truely new: in the middle of the top info bar, is a circle with a leave. The colour changes based on the ECO (consumtion) value.
AO Member

County: UK

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Software updated seamlessly and without any issues. System is so much quicker and easy to navigate, plus some extra features.
Thanks to the original poster and others for there confidence in the update.
(Post Link) post #24 of 29 Old 22 Hours Ago
AO Member

County: Essex
For those of us that haven't found a dealer that would do the update for TMC, does this enable it?
(Post Link) post #25 of 29 Old 21 Hours Ago
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevB View Post
For those of us that haven't found a dealer that would do the update for TMC, does this enable it?
I think it does mine was on version 14 something and in TMC it showed nothing. Now it shows SILK radio station as the source so I am guessing it does now do traffic.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
firmware , uconnect 6 5 , update

« Bulbs | - »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page