J786DGC Alfa 75 TS LE - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By gazza82

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 22-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Garage
J786DGC Alfa 75 TS LE

Anyone know what happened to my old 75? Found a picture on the laptop and started to reminisce ... but when I checked the DVLA site, it fails to find anything.

Last I heard it was owned by a guy called John and he had it resprayed ..

This was her in her glory days at my brother's wedding .. ... she was a Limited Limited Edition as I had Veloce bumpers fitted .. one of a kind I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alfa75.jpg (82.6 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by gazza82; 22-06-16 at 11:35.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
Very nice. It may have had a plate transfer if the details can't be found. There are so few 75s left on the road today - even fewer nice ones. That is why I'm hanging onto mine!
AO Member

County: West London
Definitely worth a look through the Flickr Photo Pages. Every Alfa Romeo 75 I went to view when looking to buy one I found in some form on the picture page. I even found a video of the 75 I bought on Youtube from quite a few years back. If you do not find it, you will enjoy the pictures nevertheless.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/alfaromeo75/pool/

(Post Link) post #4 of 8 Old 29-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Garage
The guy who bought mine had about 6 more .. one converted to LPG.

Soon after he bought mine, with over 100k miles on the clock, he drove it to Milan and back!!

And I was getting worried about a 100-mile round trip to work every day .. which is why we let her go!
Unkle Munkle likes this.
AO Member

County: West Cumbria
Garage
I loved mine, sadly it was that rotten it had to the way most did, wish I had the time and skills back then that I have now thanks to classics, would have still had it on the road, guy I bought mine off down in Yorkshire had 2 suspect the other one went the same as it was in worse shape than the one I bought from him, loved that car, didn't love changing the rear brakes lol or stirring soup to find a gear or the jack doing up into the bodywork when I was trying to change a flat on the A19

But I'd have that car back in a heartbeat!

It has been said but normally that kind of report back from DVLA that it's giving means its either had a plate change or it's died, and sadly askMID is not showing it as insured so i'ts probably the latter, just remember how it was it better times

75 in 2002, 156 in 2014, GT since 2015....
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 06-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Garage
Especially now my 156 may have suffered the same fate and has tin-worm in the floor and inner wings near the brake pipe unions .. only the third MOT failure for it since 1998 (well 2001 when the first one was).

First one was a worn tyre (usual inner edges stripped due to worn bushes) and the 2nd was when they couldn't do an emission check as the throttle was bouncing around, which turned out to be the oil separator valve between the crank case in inlet manifold and a subsequent idle reset.

Now I have to decide whether to fix or say goodbye .. if it was only the floor I might fix it but the inner wings won't be simple and there is a growing list of other problems .. some minor, some not so .. would be a shame to scrap her as the engine is brilliant!

cheers, Gary

HIS: ex-1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray. 10th Sep 1998 to 12th Jan 2017

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.
AO Member

County: -

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/galle...=1&c=favorites

Still going strong. If you remember I brought my son to collect it. Well I gave him the car when he was 18 with his own number plate which is why you can't find her. He works in Germany now so the car is back with me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wm_original_imag0189_original.jpg (217.5 KB, 13 views)
AO Member

County: Shropshire
@gazza82 ; Just to continue the story and give you some extra details. It was a few years ago that it was resprayed - this was while I was at university, it still looks great but is now back in the body shop having a little bit of welding, touching up and getting fiberglass evo front wings fitted. The arch extensions I had fitted started to crack so decided to change the whole wing.

Once I get it back from the bodyshop I have some coilovers and modified upper arms from Chris Snowden that need fitting.

Finally once this is done I will bring it over to Germany for next summer.

It stays garaged all year so hopefully there will be alot more life in her. I will send you some pictures once the work has been done.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

Tags
alfa , j786dgc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page