Alfa 75 3 litre cloverleaf - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 02-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Alfa 75 3 litre cloverleaf

just been offered a grey 1993 alfa 75 3L V6 with 99k miles by a neighbour, he has had it from new and was always well serviced, however it now needs a new clutch and its been stood for a few months so needs a good valet and general going over. I did notice an oil leak from somewhere down by the distributor which I will have to investigate but otherwise the bodywork is great except for a tiny rust spot under a rear light cluster. The wheels are the ones with circular holes and seem in good condition but need a bit of cleaning, the tyres are good and the discs look almost new.

What should this car be worth as I have been offered it for 500 and how difficult is replacing the clutch on one? (having just done one on a 147gta that nearly drove me to the nut house)

Best Regards

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Lincolnshire
Re: Alfa 75 3 litre cloverleaf

1993. I thought the last built were in 1990?
AO Silver Member
County: Suffolk

late registered me thinks! as long as thats all it needs, its well worth 500 nicker!
clutch is straight foward if you have a pit or ramps (gearbox and clutch under car at back) probably easier to do than that GTA
(just for working space alone)
the oil leak is most likely to be the hydraulic cam belt tensioner if its in that area (common fault) but still could be just a rocker or dizzy gasket....
check the sills for rust (leading end) and the rear arches (particularly in the rear door shuts towards the bottom)
plus check around the inlet of the heaterbox bulkhead area... its a major pain to do and also an MOT failure! (again common, even on the cleanest 75's)
I,am not trying to put you off, just giving you a few pointers before you part with ya cash

The BORED No 6. The old 75'er no 2

The BORED Collective
AO Member

Member car:

1986 75 V6 2.5

Also check the rear chassis legs, the spare wheel well, the radiator crossmember & the crossmember above the rear gearbox mounting too. I guess you COULD change the clutch using ramps, but a pit or car lift is def. the desirable way to do it!!!
AO Member

It would have been in storage a long time from new if it was registered in '93. I bought one new in about October '92 and at that time there were only three others left unsold in the country.

I say, if you can do the clutch yourself and it has a long MOT, snap it up - you'll love it. I still maintain that my Cloverleaf was the most enjoyable car I've owned (list includes Integrale, a couple of 164s, Maserati 430 & Alpine GTA).
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands

look at the prices of decent ones on ebay. For £500 its almost a no brainer for an enthusiast.

I wish he lived next door to me

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

alfa , cloverleaf , litre