Advice on a 1981 gtv6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 02-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Advice on a 1981 gtv6

I was wondering can anyone tell me how to get the steering wheel off an Alfetta gtv, I have taken the 20/22 mm nut off and the wheel still feels solid, is there another fixing anywhere? I am about to advertise my 1983 gtv6 for sale and I want to put a wooden steering wheel onto it before doing so
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Suffolk
Re: Advice on a 1981 gtv6

No mate, its just stuck on the splines i busted my original 75 'wheel getting it off! if its that well on there, it might be advisable to use a steering wheel (or something else suitable) puller!
Good luck
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands

I found a gear puller worked well, if somewhat adapted, I used the two prong adapter, and having taken off the plastic column shroud and steering wheel centre pad, thread a couple of bolts through the back of the wheel into the puller, then threaded through the big centre bolt and tighten to put it under tension. Made a right 'twang' when it came off too.

AO Member

Member car:

1986 75 V6 2.5

I have a puller I made up for Alfa wheels, its a simple bit of 13mm a/f square bar, tapped M8 ISO with a 8mm pointed bolt in the middle & clearance holes for the 2 (6mm?) bolts that screw into the tapped holes in the original Alfa wheel, I have used it a couple of times, the last time while fitting a wee MOMO wheel. If you fit the plastic trim disc on the wrong side of the steel disc that comes with the wheel you insulate it from the chassis & the horn wont work, took me ages to figure out what I had done wrong!!! I bought the wheel s/h with no instructions Once the orig. wheel is removed the 1st time, its a lot easier subsiquently The 155 has a very slightly smaller spline & the wheels wont interchange.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

1981 , advice , gtv6