Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hong Kong
County: Eastern Hong Kong Island
Full body respray - advice welcomed
Dug out my 75 today and gave it a good wash. The dents and worn paint/lacquer are much more noticeable now. Giving it a full body respray has always been pending in my head for a while, now the urge is getting stronger.
Some questions here, and it will be great if you guys could share some advices.
1. What are the usual parts that need replacing when a respray is done? Those that are easy to break when you take something off? And those that are aged over time and it is sensible to have them replaced during the work? Say seals? Rubber? Anything?
2. What are the correct colours for the bumpers and body side trims? Are they the same colour? Matt grey? Or Matt black? They are matt, right?
3. Where can I find the recipe for the body colour? Not sure if my body shop here is able to get that.
4. One of the headlight is leaking and water gets in. Are we still able to buy brand new headlights? Any idea where?
Some pictures to follow...many thanks in advance.
1. Before the wash
2. After the wash
3. Body colour sticker
4. Body "grey" trim condition
5. Faded parts
Last edited by ellistai; 25-12-15 at 09:53.