Water pump on V6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Jarmo Korhonen
Water pump on V6

Water pump of my old 90 2.5 V6 broke down a week ago. I got one from a parts dealer, it's not original and I hope it fits. Should be good quality, it's Bugatti!

I have never changed a water pump myself. Is it a difficult job? Do you have to work from under the car? It's on my park lot and I cannot get under it. Should I give it a try or leave it to a professional?

Thanks in advance,
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Kobenhavn

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Hi Jarmo

Never carried out work on an Alfa90. However the layout of the engine compartment is pretty straightforward, so changing the water pump shouldnt prove to be a problem.

Give it a go I'd say.

All the best

BTW; How's the weather in Finland these days, it could be better over here, It's been raining cats'n dogs for a forthnight now
Jarmo Korhonen
Thanks Hoygs,

for your encouraging words. I'll take a look at it today.

Thw weather's been cold and rainy, yes. But today, within few hours, it should be better. The sun is coming out slowly and we're ecpecting to get +20 centigrade. I'll take my road bike out and give it a spin.

Jarmo Korhonen

what do you say now. I've dismantled bits and pieces and dug deeper. The water pump is held against the engine block by 12 bolts. I've taken off some (which were a bit, how to say, like mummified) and found out that some of them are behind timing belt roller. So this would mean taking the timing belt off etc. But how to get it back in the right position, if the axles would rotate? Mark the positions, I guess. Well, the whole process doesn't seem so simple.

But the sun is shining and the temperature is rising.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

pump , water