Fuel pump problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 14-06-14 Thread Starter
County: Ahvenanmaan Laani

Member car:

Fuel pump problems

Hi everyone! I bought and old 75 3.0 americana which had "been running last year" but now it did not start. I eventually pinned it down to the fuel pump not working. When I have the key turned on ignition and stick a screwdriver in the AFM the relay "clicks" but the voltage at the pump is at 7,5v. The pump does operate if connected to a standalone battery with cables. I cleaned the contacts on the punp and the contacts on the gearbox(!) where the cables seem to be connecting if it was a bad grounding issue. Still same 7,5v though. Where does the cables finally ground or anyone have other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands
Hi, first place I would look is the Bosch double relay mounted on or near the bulkhead, not far from the AFM, give the contacts a good clean, then follow the cable from there a a white connector, separate that, clean , and also inspect for overheating or the wires not making full contact. From there the (pink on a 75 anyway)wires just go to the fuse box then to the fuel pump in a straight run so there is little else to check.

Hope this helps

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

fuel , problems , pump