Rear brake removal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

105 GTAM

Rear brake removal

So after my fun and games with Mobitech I decided to take off the rear calipers and send them away for a full refurbishment as they keep sticking. After a Sunday trip a few weeks back they stuck on and I had to pull them open again to get home!

They both came off a lot easier then I thought and three of the drive shaft bolts were hand tight!!?

I bet that getting it all back on will not be so easy!!

Anyhow they have now gone for the full monty with polyurethane coating and full re-build so should last a few years hopefully?! The discs I took off look ok, I was going to buy some new ones but I think the old ones will do?

One question is, can I loosely put the pads into the calipers and slip them over the discs as getting the clips/springs on when the calipers are in place is difficult.

I was also really pleased with the condition underneath the car, zero rust and everything looking good!!

I will post some more pictures when I get the calipers back and I start fitting them.

Any tips would be gratefully welcomed, I have never done this before but I'm determined to do it myself!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1729.jpg (151.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1731.jpg (171.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (67.1 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lincolnshire
I always lower the back of my transaxle when working on the brakes. I place a jack under the unit and then remove the rear bolt and then lower the back of it about 4 inches (just make sure it doesn't strain the flexi brake pipe. The handbrake cable also has to be slackened right off.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

brake , rear , removal