Getting started on my 75. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-08-12 Thread Starter
County: Surrey

Member car:

Alfa 75

Getting started on my 75.

Just came into a free 75 from a family member so Ive decided to take the car on as a project. Its a 2.0 twin spark model which has been sitting for 3 years so I'm sure there's plenty for me to do! The first time I jumped the car it started well with a little lag for the revs so im planning to take the engine apart, clean it all out, replace all the rubbers and rebuild. After that the brakes need new disks and pads and there's a lot of welding to be done to get it through the MOT. I'm looking to do as much of project by myself on a minimal budget as im expecting to spend for the welding.
Has anyone got any suggestions or advice on what I should do and how to go about it? Any reading material on top of what im searching for now would also be helpful!
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Devon
Join here immediately mate - Alfa 75 - Index page its essential!

Then bookmark these sites -

QXQQ Alfa Romeo 75 Rear Brakes
Craig's Place, Alfa 75 Manuals and Information

Good luck with the resto, if you see my posts Im knee deep in a 75 recommission myself!

Strip any bodykit first to check the rear arches and remove rear lights to check of rot here as they always go in these places.
Also check jacking points. Somes cut them out and plate over as they are pretty useless anywat and when they do go the jack goes trhrough your floor! Most use other points of the car to jack.

Your rear calipers will almost cetrainly be seized as the do if left standing for more than a day lol!
Get yours off and exchanged here alfa Romeo parts and spares

And while you are chaging it get some peformance brake pads like green stuff etc as the break are never great.

If you want her to handle like she should check all the bushes on the watts linkage, as poly ones are cheap and easy to fit and make a big difference. I personally dont recommmend lowering but its personal choice.

Also really important while you have it off the ground is to check the prop donuts as again cracked ones let everything go unbalanced. Also the rear gearbox mounting bush and rear bellhousing bush are worth changing while its up as they give driveline shunt if worn.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

« manual | suspension »