Crashed my needed. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 26-12-04 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 75 3.0 V6

Crashed my needed.

Okay, due to a unfortunate incident with a roundabout and seeing someone moving off then hitting the brakes again on a clear road, I rammed into the back of them, and the silly woman suddenly floored her car with her tow bar on my bumper.......ouch.

So I now have a bumper that is a bit deformed and crumpled, and very badly scratched. Its a veloce style one. Now I am very worried that if I take this off, which I have to I might have to write off my car due to a lot of rust underneath that I am almost expecting to find.

Has anyone had this happen? And know if new mounts can be fixed, also how do you take the bumper off in the first place. Because its two parts....the upper black part under the lights with the light washers and the go faster veloce bit underneath.

Any help to keep my car on the road would be helpful, I will take it to a mechanic as soon as he opens up but unfortunately he is more then underenthusiastic about the rust on Alfa Romeos...eek.

If you see this on another forum or whatever appreciate I am desperate for any information available! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09
Re: Crashed my needed.

75s don't tend to rust at the front and I can't imagine that this sort of shunt would cause enough damage to have the car written-off. If the radiator and lights are intact, you're probably only looking at a replacement bumper. Have a look in the AROC classifieds ( for a 2nd hand replacement.
AO Silver Member
County: Perth and Kinross
Thumbs Up Re: Crashed my needed.

The front bumper brackets on the 75 are accessible from underneath. Up in the areas ahead of the splash panel in the wheelarches are where these brackets are found. They are removed by removing the M8 screws with 13mm heads (2 screws for each bracket). I don't know about the side attachments for the Veloce but they are likely a similar arrangement. It is probably just a self tapper or a replaceable plastic clip. I modified mine a couple of years ago. I think I may have used a mudflap bracket at the rear of the top edge of the bumper.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Drive sideways- life's too short not to

Slip-sliding my way through winter. On four wheels and two.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

75help , crashed , needed