Lsd - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-11-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Well after 327000 mile the clutch as gone second gear is shot and the flywheel is warped I think its time to put my spare gear box but I want to check the diff before I put it in any tips greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa 75

Provided the diff side bearings are ok, you start with a simple test. When turning one output shaft, does the other one turn the same direction? If it turns the other way, you will need the complete LSD setting procedure. If it turns in the same direction, go to next step: how much torque you need to apply to turn one flange when the other is kept stationary. A std new LSD will turn with ~10-11lbft, and much less if thoroughly worn. Re-tightening to spec requires disassembly and switching to thicker cross-plates -if available- or adding suitable very thin spacer washers (possibly an assortment from 0.1-0,5mm). If you have the 4-cyl or V6 book read how its done. If not and you haven't done this before, find someone competent to help you out.
Jim K.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ