sz fuel tank? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 30-04-10 Thread Starter
County: West Midlands

Member car:

sz fuel tank?

how do i get it out?

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Staffordshire
There is an SZ factory manual on Ebay

I have one but it is in the car which is in the paintshop - I could find you the relevant page Tuesday night if that's any good.

I had mine swapped a few years ago at the local garage I think it was just a case of draining it undoing everything and taking it out via the boot. It could be worth removing the boot-lid to givebetter access but mark up the hinge positions so it sits back in the right place.
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
If its anything like the gtv6 then its a case of undoing the unions underneath the tank (obviously once youve drained it) and make sure you have a large container to catch the remainding fuel.Then inside the car the tank should be held to the body by two straps undue these and the clips holding the filler cap in place and the tank should lift out without much fuss
Its the same with the 3.0l 75 apart from the filler is on the opposite side to the gtv6
I presume the tank on the sz is the same as a 75 tanks as they share the same floor plan

alfas owned
3 x sud sprints 2 x 2.0 alfetta gtvs (chrome bumpers) 1 x bell and colville 2.0 turbo alfetta
1 x 1.3 sud ti (the flying custard) 1 x 1.5 sud sc 1 x series 1 gtv6 2 x series 2 gtv6
2 x series 3 gtv6 (one was a 1986 d reg) 3 x 164 3.0 lusso 12 valve 1 x 164 3.0 super 24 valve with 45mm intakes 1 x 147 2.0 t spark 1 x gtv 3.2 (916) 1 x 75 2.5 auto (sorry but yuk)
County: Londonderry

Member car:

Alfa Romeo

Step 1

Secure the car on a set of jack stands or an automotive lift. You will need a second jack for supporting the fuel tank while removing the straps. Once the car is secured, center a second jack or support under the fuel tank.
Step 2

Break loose the bolts that hold the straps. There are usually two straps that hold the tank in place, flush against the frame of the car. Undo only one side of the straps, on the same side. This will keep one side of the straps secure.
Step 3

Place your hands securely under one side of the tank, while another person does the same on the other side. Once you have a firm hold of the fuel tank, move the support from under it and lower the tank to the ground. Now you have access to the fuel pump and can replace it.
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
Oh so the fuel tank on an sz is under the car not like the gtv6 and the 3.0 75 where its behind the back seats

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

fuel , tank