2.0 ts exhaust manifold problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 19-10-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Suffolk
2.0 ts exhaust manifold problems

We run an alfetta GTV as a rally car with a 2.0 ts drive train. On saturday at a track day the exhaust manifold broke on the rear cylinder (nearest the windscreen). My brother had a 2.0 75 which used to lose nuts and on one occasion break the stud in the same position. This is obviously a weak point, but i was wondering how other owners circumvented the issue/cured it!

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
I've seen 105 manifolds break here because the pipe takes on a weird shape where you need access to fit the nut which weakens the casting. But the TS manifold doesn't have this shape. I know these things can break but it's usually at the downpipe joint flange, usually caused by tightening it up while it's not lined up properly.

Usual solution seems to be a tubular manifold (like CSC). Both my most recent Twinsparks came with these already fitted.

If you need a new manifold (either type) I've got them here.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 75 TS

Having broken this part myself, and my partner again when driving over a raised manhole I put a piece of flexi stanless in the join between front muffler and middle muffler. It works loose now and then and gets a bit loud - but the last time the centre box got hit, it just got very loud instead of breaking the cast iron manifold. Total cost : 20.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

exhaust , manifold , problems