New radiator for 75 3.0L - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 GTA

New radiator for 75 3.0L

I'm about to take ownership of a 1990 75 3.0L which I'm going to use as a project car and occasional track day weapon. It's in generally good condition but needs a new radiator.

Can anyone give me any info on places to source a good quality (and good value!) one?

Is the radiator on the 3.0L car unique to that engine or is it the same as the 2.5 and/or 2.0TS?

Sponsored Links
Re: New radiator for 75 3.0L

Have a look in your yellow pages, there should be a re-corer in there somewhere. They take the tanks off each end then replace it with a new core, patching up any problems, then repaint it. Friend of mine did that on his spider
Re: New radiator for 75 3.0L

And yes a Ts one is the same... I have a Ts one but to get a refurbed one as track days will need max cooling
AO Silver Member
County: Perth and Kinross
Idea Re: New radiator for 75 3.0L

The V6 is the same as the TS, but has a plastic bracket pop riveted onto the top to support the radiator top hose. Beware cheap aftermarket copper cored radiators. They are ok in the TS, but not up to track day work for a V6. A genuine one with a stainless core is best. Also, due to the cost of new radiators coming down in price a couple of years ago, getting a re-core service is much harder these days. Certainly Serck Marston would re-core, but with the copper type which won't have adequate cooling for your needs.

If it is only for track day work, perhpas an oil cooler or bonnet louvres would provide extra cooling as the V6 does get hot.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Drive sideways- life's too short not to

Slip-sliding my way through winter. On four wheels and two.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ

30l , radiator