75 that doesnt want to stop.. - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 75 TS

Re: 75 that doesnt want to stop..

I found this too:

Tech Tips

Seems the SZ peeps have a solution to the dodgy one-way valve. I wonder what vacuum level these tired old engines are pulling from the servos - Might be worthwhile putting an electric vac.pump in to beef up the assist - Probably running 0.4 Bar from the plenum (so assist will be 0.6 Bar Gauge) If you get a good vac. pump down to 0.05 Bar that is nearly double the assist. Just a random thought.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Perth and Kinross
Idea Re: 75 that doesnt want to stop..

I know the Lucas (TRW) and Lockheed (Delphi) products have the third exit port at a different place, so some re-routing of brake pipes is necessary. They also have a 22.2mm cylinder diameter, (though perhaps the details in the link site were inaccurate).

A BMW 5 series(late 80s to early 90s) master cylinder is a suitable modification. I think it is about 25mm. As Hazel suggests, hooking that up to a pump with more than standard vacuum may produce good results, but modifying and treating the symptoms rather than the cause is never a good idea.

Finally, there is a pushrod which comes out of the servo and activates the master cylinder is adjustable. Remove the m/c, depress the pedal fully and hold it, and you have access to the adjuster which is retained by a locknut. These are 7 or 8mm from memory. I usually find cars which have a long pedal travel and a replacement m/c have not been adjusted for the new m/c. I simply adjust as much play as possible from it. Be warned, adjust too much, and the footbrake will start to stick on, so carry tools to unbolt the m/c with you until you know all is ok.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Drive sideways- life's too short not to

Slip-sliding my way through winter. On four wheels and two.

Last edited by ally; 27-08-08 at 10:52.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ