Which 75 did I have??? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Re: Which 75 did I have???

There were quite a few E plate 1800's about - F would have been the last dregs. I've seen a manual 2.5 V6 on an F and they ceased production around the same time.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Suffolk

mostly t-sparks and the last few 3ltrs newer than "F". "G" reg onwards is late registered 3ltr and tspark only models...
There are several abnomalities, and exceptions from the rules tho...
Series 1 and series 2's... there was no REAL change over date either
AO Member
County: -

I've owned two of these things in the past, the first, a 1987 car I bought in 1990, D43NBO was the reg. Great car, it didn't have the Veloce kit and the front bumpers had grey unpainted undersides. I painted them blue metallic to match the car and binned the 13 inch wheels in favour of a set of Alfetta round hole 14 inch steels with Giulietta black plastic centre caps. I sold it in 1992.

The second car was identical in every respect (bar the wheels which were some awful 15 inch TSW Venoms. I sold these and out the car on 14s again. This car was bought in 1999 and scrapped a year later. The carbs live on though, they're on my Fiat 125 now!

I loved these early cars, they looked a bit more sleek than the later jobs as they don't have the plastic wheel arches and the bonnet doesn't have the raised centre like the TS/V6 versions. The engine is similar to the Giulietta unit but it has a high lift inlet cam which makes it a bit more revvy. This cam was a favourite with Alfa racers who had to use a stock cam.

All the 1.8s had the gearchange indicator LEDs although the ones on my first 75 didn't work because the throttle position sensor was broken. No loss, the gargling carbs made you drive everywhere flat out.

One of the best things about the car was the economy on a run, I used to do Cardiff to Brands Hatch and back on one tank of fuel. 400 miles. I'm lucky to get 350 out of my current Twinspark.

Oh, and the unassisted steering was lovely.

Jim Spackman

Alfa 75 TS LE Veloce
Fiat 125 Abnormale

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ