Ro 75 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-03-08 Thread Starter
Ro 75

Thanks guys for your replies so now im gonna change my clutch for sure but iv been contemplating wether i should put a heavy duty clutch or just the standard clutch for my 2.0 75 TS i eventually want to enhance performance what do you think guys????
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Florida

Member car:

(1987) 75 2.5

Re: Ro 75

well i got a LuK repset clutch for mine. it is just like the standard clutch that comes in it. mine went in beautifully and she shift very smoothly now. i looked at some performance clutches but didnt have the money.. and if you get a performance clutch im assuming you will be doing some engine work. much engine work on the stock clutch will just burn it out right?
engine work=performance clutch
stock engine=stock clutch

least thats my opinion :-)

I think it depends what you want to do to enhance performance. If you are talking modest gains then the standard clutch is fine. If you are talking radical mods then..frankly I don't know. What I would do is check part numbers for the 2.0 TS clutch and the 3.0 V6 Clutch. If they are the same then you have an indicator of its capacity to take additional power/torque.

I'd speak to the people who build/maintain racing 75s. People such as Alex Jupe or BLS Automotive should know what the best advice is.

AO Silver Member
County: Suffolk

2ltr clutchs and 3ltr clutchs are different, and as i was lead to believe, only interchangeable complete.
3ltr std clutch should hold up to around 250 bhp, the standard replacement lockhead (that i run which was £230 for kit alone) is good for 300!
Bearing in mind, that it costs big bucks to get a 2ltr ts to 200bhp and a 3ltr to 300bhp!!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 75, RZ, SZ