Alfa 33 Buying Tips - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 20-05-16 Thread Starter
County: Zabbar
Alfa 33 Buying Tips

I am searching for an alfa 33 series 2 and I like to get some opinions from the alfa fans in this forum.

I am undecided if I should go for a fuel injection model or a carburated model. I prefer old school and also the nice noise of the carburettors so I am tempted for the carburettor version. What are your views on this?

Shall I go for a 13 or a 15 carburetted version?

The other dilemma is the colour. I like a lot the red colour but there seems to be different red colours for the 33. IS there an official code for the red colour or was there more then one red colour from the factory?

If you have any tips for me on what to looka t when buying my 33 it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 1.7 16v

Hi Marco,
I'm the same as you, I prefer the sound of the carbs, I have owned both types and converted my current 16v injection to run an aftermarket ECU allowing me to run without the plenum chamber and therefore having that lovely induction noise.

What is your budget and plans for the car.
Do you not have the 1.7 version in Malta.
These engines are very expensive to modify so I would get the largest engine size you can.
A lot of people swap engines for a 16v. A few have even fitted carbs to the 16v...

Alfa 33 16v

Click the link below to see what I'm doing to raise money for cancer research
AO Member
County: -
As Al says, try to find a 1.7 if you can, they are much better than the smaller engines.

There was only one red available on the 33, the code is Rosso Alfa 130. The other reds you have seen may be due to repainting in a non-original colour or due to fading in the sun
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 24-05-16 Thread Starter
County: Zabbar

Thanks for your replies. In Malta I can only find either 13cc with carburettors or 15cc but injection. The 17cc with carbs would be the dream but its hard to find one.

The cars that I a finding in Malta are around 3000 euro for a decent one. My plan is to buy a car that needs fairly little work, ideally in red and with carbs and lower it a bit and put some nice alloys. The rest will remain original and use is for a Sunday drive.

I also searched some sites in the UK but the 33 is a very rare car in the UK as well unfortunately and from Italy it would be a left had drive car which is not ideal to drive in Malta.

Do you have any sources of where I should look to purchase such car?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

alfa , buying , tips